Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Are you now or have you ever been a FileFactory Premium subscriber?
Posted by: Stoner72 ()
Date: October 8, 2014 03:14

What was your experience?

As a first-time subscriber, mine is that it was fine for the first six days. I was able to download approximately half-a-dozen files a day with out a problem.

But every succeeding day has seen a diminishing number of files allowed to be downloaded at "speed". I am now essentially allowed one or two downloads a day at premium speed.

Anything beyond that creeps along at between two and four hours for a 500.0 MB file. (Exactly what is FileFactory's definition of "unlimited", anyway?)

If you're a fan of time travel, know it's like 1998 dial-up all over again. Good times.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-08 03:31 by Stoner72.

Re: Are you now or have you ever been a FileFactory Premium subscriber?
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 8, 2014 03:29

Are you sure that's a problem with FF?
I've only got an old computer with Windows xp and 500mb of RAM but still, a 500mb dl only takes 20 mins. I've been a premium subscriber for 2 years. the only time my speeds have gone down is when there's been a connection problem.

Date: October 8, 2014 04:32

That was my first thought as well. But downloads from other sites proceed normally without any variation.

Unfortunately, the only fluxes are here on IORR--using FF. Very frustrating.

Date: October 8, 2014 12:47

Are you using Firefox?........that's the best browser coupled with the Firefox addon multiple download manager "downthemall"..........[addons.mozilla.org]

Or.....sign in, use the help link and scroll down to "downloading files" and use one of the links there [help.filefactory.com] ....

Or, use the "Contact us" link..leave a message......customer support is really helpful, you should get an answer with 36 - 48 hours, sometimes quicker.

Hope that helps.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-08 12:57 by EddieByword.

Date: October 8, 2014 18:17

Thanks for your suggestions EddieByword.

I've already contacted FF and as of this writing they don't know what the problem is.

I do use Firefox and will see if that download manager makes a difference.

Keeping my fingers, toes (and eyes) crossed!

Date: October 8, 2014 19:21

You're welcome, hope you can resolve it............

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: October 17, 2014 05:32

I've had no problem with speed using FF. I've downloaded an amazing amount of files from the Stones Vault in a short period of time. I think it may be your Internet service provider cutting your speed. Call and ask them about the problem.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 17, 2014 09:08

I'm in New Zealand, it works great for me. Distance and all.

Posted by: ade ()
Date: October 17, 2014 13:01

i'm only a free user of file factory but i would expect from experience that a 500mb file would take me no more than 60 minutes to download even at peak times. i'd reckon it's your isp slowing it. Have you tried deleting your browsing history etc and trying it then?

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: October 17, 2014 13:07

exilestones
I've had no problem with speed using FF. I've downloaded an amazing amount of files from the Stones Vault in a short period of time. I think it may be your Internet service provider cutting your speed. Call and ask them about the problem.

Agreed on all of that. Never had any problems with FireFox, IE, jDownloader etc.
The only thing I did have a problem with was their own FileFactoryTurbo.

If you are getting a certain amount ok before it drops off then I would be thinking about my ISP using Traffic Shaping.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1567
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home