Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Looking For/Curious About: Best Version of "Brown Sugar" w/ Eric Clapton
Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: April 9, 2014 17:29

Just out of curiosity...I am interested in what is the BEST sounding version of the famous "Brown Sugar" outtake with Eric Clapton, from an audio perspective.

Is there a particular source/version that sounds the BEST, ie lowest generation, least tape hiss, fullest stereo, etc, from an audio perspective?

I originally first heard it years ago, on the orange/brown vinyl 12" bootleg, on fake Rolling Stones records. I never owned it myself, but I knew someone that had it. THAT sounded pretty fantastic in my memory. It was so well done, the quality of the audio, vinyl and label were so good, it was almost debatable at the time whether or not it was legit.

Then I heard it later on CD in various versions, that were clearly of different quality. Some did not have the same "impact" or clarity as I was remembering. Some had different sonics (or mastering). For example I had a 4 CD set of outtakes that someone burned and gave me, based on the Black Box (don't remember the label or version)...it didn't sound quite as clear to me there. Kind of distorted.

So I really am curious to find the BEST available audio quality version of this out there.

Thoughts? Opinions?

thanks

Re: Looking For/Curious About: Best Version of "Brown Sugar" w/ Eric Clapton
Date: April 10, 2014 09:07

Turning To Gold
Just out of curiosity...I am interested in what is the BEST sounding version of the famous "Brown Sugar" outtake with Eric Clapton, from an audio perspective.

Is there a particular source/version that sounds the BEST, ie lowest generation, least tape hiss, fullest stereo, etc, from an audio perspective?

I originally first heard it years ago, on the orange/brown vinyl 12" bootleg, on fake Rolling Stones records. I never owned it myself, but I knew someone that had it. THAT sounded pretty fantastic in my memory. It was so well done, the quality of the audio, vinyl and label were so good, it was almost debatable at the time whether or not it was legit.

Then I heard it later on CD in various versions, that were clearly of different quality. Some did not have the same "impact" or clarity as I was remembering. Some had different sonics (or mastering). For example I had a 4 CD set of outtakes that someone burned and gave me, based on the Black Box (don't remember the label or version)...it didn't sound quite as clear to me there. Kind of distorted.

So I really am curious to find the BEST available audio quality version of this out there.

Thoughts? Opinions?

thanks
I love the version on MORE STONED THAN YOU WILL EVER BE (bootleg outtakes)...I dont think i have ever heard any other version of it but thats a really great quality as well!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 10, 2014 19:49

Will somebody please upload, "More Stoned Than You'll Ever Be?" Thank you

from the net:
ROLLING STONES - More Stoned Than You'll Ever Be - The Rolling Stones Anthology 1963-1971

"More Stoned Than You'll Ever Be - The Rolling Stones Anthology 1963-1971" is essentially a chronological history of rare Rolling Stones studio and BBC recordings during their "Golden Years" - from the band's earliest 1963 IBC demos through the 1971 "Exile" sessions.
The main goal of "More Stoned..." is to supplement official CD releases, as well as your own Stones collection in one set. "More Stoned..." is probably the most comprehensive and best sounding set ever produced of rare Stones material from that period.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 10, 2014 20:03

Why Eric Clapton on Brown Sugar was not released officially and One Hit (to The Body) with Jimmy Page yes?

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 10, 2014 21:28

rogerriffin
Why Eric Clapton on Brown Sugar was not released officially and One Hit (to The Body) with Jimmy Page yes?

I think they liked the one the released best. Maybe we'll get a Sticky Fingers Deluxe album some day soon?

There's been debate over the years if Eric Clapton was actually on the slide version of Brown Sugar. Of course Mick Taylor's guitar solo is cool!

Thanks for the upload yesterday. I can't wait to see what you post next, "Pain of Love?"

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: April 10, 2014 21:41

I reupped midnrambler's post here:

[www.iorr.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2036
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home