Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Looking For an Outtake of "Acoustic" Brown Sugar
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: March 12, 2014 16:42

Hello all,
A friend of mine insists that there is an outtake of Brown Sugar with the acoustic guitar high up in the mix. She said that there is only 1-2 electric guitars playing but they are really low in the mix. According to her, this is supposedly the session where KR put on the acoustic track.

Anyone aware of this version? If so, would you mind posting? To me, it's the acoustic guitar that really drives the song.

Thank you!

Re: Looking For an Outtake of "Acoustic" Brown Sugar
Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: March 12, 2014 16:46

I am not aware

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 12, 2014 21:56

Can't the acoustic guitar be heard pretty well in the "birthday" version? Would have to dig it out...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: March 13, 2014 16:15

1970 Sticky Fingers Studio Outtakes & Rarities Vol.6 ®Remastered by Teague Raw
Track 07 Brown Sugar Vb (less acoustic gtr)

I am no expert in this, but between 0.15" and 0.20" it sound like an acoustic guitar to me.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 13, 2014 18:32

gotdablouse
Can't the acoustic guitar be heard pretty well in the "birthday" version? Would have to dig it out...

That one is totally electric.
The acoustic guitar is audiable on the Acetates version and in the "Brown Sugar I" version, but it's not such a big deal - it's almost just as audiable on the official version, so......

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 14, 2014 21:45

There is an acoustic Brown Sugar that sounds totally different. I've heard it but the person wouldn't allow copies to be made. The story goes that Mick came up with Brown Sugar when he was in Australia making the Ned Kelly movie. The very early acoustic recording that we're talking about was play on acoustic guitar and sung by Mick. Mick was playing the song for Ike Turner back stage in 1969. There has been footage of the Stones back stage in 1969 with Ike and Tina Turner but the sound was not available as far as I know. I'm not sure if Mick playing Brown Sugar on acoustic in an early stage of the song was in the footage released.

I do remember that this version of Brown Sugar sounds a lot different that what finally was released and was very cool! Mick didn't play the whole song.

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: March 14, 2014 23:20

exilestones

I do remember that this version of Brown Sugar sounds a lot different that what finally was released and was very cool! Mick didn't play the whole song.

That's this one ?

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: March 16, 2014 02:26

He's probably looking for the version from Time Trips that has an acoustic very high in the mix.

Date: March 17, 2014 00:13

exilestones
There is an acoustic Brown Sugar that sounds totally different. I've heard it but the person wouldn't allow copies to be made. The story goes that Mick came up with Brown Sugar when he was in Australia making the Ned Kelly movie. The very early acoustic recording that we're talking about was play on acoustic guitar and sung by Mick. Mick was playing the song for Ike Turner back stage in 1969. There has been footage of the Stones back stage in 1969 with Ike and Tina Turner but the sound was not available as far as I know. I'm not sure if Mick playing Brown Sugar on acoustic in an early stage of the song was in the footage released.

Yes, THIS ONE! I guess it wasn't acoustic. I love this video clip! Thanks. What other videos are uncommon and available. Thanks, again. Haven't seen this in years!

Date: March 17, 2014 00:35

I'm surprised to see the 69 Jagger Brown Sugar clip. You would happen to have the Out of Our Heads promo videos? I saw them in perfect sound and image, no alternate versions (sound) but very cool. Never seen them since. Then there was the PLAY WITH FIRS alternate version in perfect quality from Shindig I think it was. The one where they are on the car. I'd love to get that in high quality. Satisfaction with the harmonica solo was broadcast on TV. Seen that in perfect quality but can't find a great copy of that Satisfaction. Since I'm making requests... The London Palladium (1967?) IT'S ALL OVER NOW, I've heard that in perfect sound without the audience, awesome version. Any good copies of that one around?

Loving the Jagger Brown Sugar '69 clip! The next song on the clip was great too. It's all very intimate.

Post rare alternate versions of Stones here! Like Shindig's Play with Fire.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home