Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

NEW recording-single song-Aarhus Denmark 1970
Posted by: alrunen ()
Date: July 23, 2013 00:23

UPDATE: APPARENTLY THE SOURCE USED FOR BROADCAST WAS TAKEN FROM AN ACETATE USED FOR GET YER YA'S YA'S OUT AND NOT FROM DENMARK!

From a 1970 reel tape of a Danish radioshow on news in rock, a single song --Little Queenie-- was announced as being from

Rolling Stones: 1970-09-09: Vejlby-Risskov Hallen, Århus, Denmark

[www.filefactory.com]

Just four minutes. Transferred from reel to DAT and then to you.

Cheers, Claus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-23 12:21 by alrunen.

Re: NEW recording-single song-Aarhus Denmark 1970
Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: July 23, 2013 00:33

smiling smiley

thumbs up thanks!

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: July 23, 2013 01:47

Wow, very cool, thanks!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: July 23, 2013 01:52

smileys with beer

HMN

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: July 23, 2013 02:25

Sounds very much like Get Yer Ya Ya's Out Little Queenie.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: July 23, 2013 02:43

Britney
Sounds very much like Get Yer Ya Ya's Out Little Queenie.

Yes, or one of the F*ck Yer-Ya-yas at least - that is what I thought initially. Did you compare them closely?

Update: after listening to them, my opinion is they are not they same, despite their similar sounds. I am interested to know more about the origin of this tape. Claus?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-23 03:09 by blakeeik.

Date: July 23, 2013 03:28

Well it sounds like the same take that ended up on Ya Ya's but it's missing the vocal overdub. So it's either the Gimme Shelter movie version or the acetate version. So definitely not from Aarhus.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: dph ()
Date: July 23, 2013 03:32

I thought the same thing, sounds a lot like Ya-Ya's but I haven't been able to place it yet. Runs a bit fast btw.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: July 23, 2013 08:29

Hadn't had a chance to listen yet, going to do that now.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 23, 2013 08:42

Thank you very much

Date: July 23, 2013 10:53

The source is a reel-to-reel tape made of the air from a danish radio show broadcast September 1970. It was announced as being from Aarhus. The journalist also made an interview with Mick (which was not preserved on the reel). I have a DAT copy of the reel.

That said, I of course appreciate if you can confirm that this is not Århus. The instruments sounds almost to good to be a live recording, even with a professional journalist equipment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-23 12:01 by alrunen.

Date: July 23, 2013 10:55

Britney
Well it sounds like the same take that ended up on Ya Ya's but it's missing the vocal overdub. So it's either the Gimme Shelter movie version or the acetate version. So definitely not from Aarhus.

These versions were not available to a danish radio journalist in September 1970...

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: July 23, 2013 11:22

This radioshow from danish Radio 1970 was here a few years ago on 2 cd's

Date: July 23, 2013 11:35

Keessie
This radioshow from danish Radio 1970 was here a few years ago on 2 cd's

I assume you refer to where they play music by themselves and by others, this is not the show I was referring to.

Date: July 23, 2013 12:01

alrunen
Britney

These versions were not available to a danish radio journalist in September 1970...

Well the song was recorded in 1969, and the acetate version was made before Ya Ya's was released (september 1970). So the acetate mix might not have been officially 'available' but apparently available enough to play it on Danish radio.

Edit: The show in which MJ introduced Little Queenie and other Stonestracks was broadcast on Danish radio on september 10, 1970, one day after the Aarhus shows.

www.rsundercover.eu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-23 12:07 by Britney.

Date: July 23, 2013 12:05

Britney
alrunen
Britney

Well the song was recorded in 1969, and the acetate version was made before Ya Ya's was released (september 1970). So the acetate mix might not have been officially 'available' but apparently available enough to play it on Danish radio.

Ok, that is true. Let me know if there is a definitive comparison and I will update the post to reflect if this is not Århus.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 23, 2013 12:08

alrunen
The journalist also made an interview with Mick (which was not preserved on the reel). I have a DAT copy of the reel.

Is it the interview where MJ claimed he loved bootlegs? That bit was put on the "Static In The Attic" CD.

Date: July 23, 2013 12:12

alrunen
Britney
alrunen
Britney

Ok, that is true. Let me know if there is a definitive comparison and I will update the post to reflect if this is not Århus.

Wel it definitely is the same take of Little Queenie as used on Ya Ya's. Despite the bad soundquality it's not to difficult to recognize.

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: July 23, 2013 12:15

dcba
alrunen
The journalist also made an interview with Mick (which was not preserved on the reel). I have a DAT copy of the reel.

Is it the interview where MJ claimed he loved bootlegs? That bit was put on the "Static In The Attic" CD.

That interview reportedly was recorded by a recordseller when Mick Jagger stopped by to buy some Stones bootlegs.

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: July 23, 2013 17:41

Thx! Do you remember date and location?

Date: July 23, 2013 18:05

dcba
Thx! Do you remember date and location?
According to the website of Nico Zentgraf that interview took place on August 13, 1975.

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: July 23, 2013 18:48

Wow thx Britney!
I should re-check the SITA boot but I think that MJ bit ran too fast.

Date: July 23, 2013 21:31

No, I was not referring to this interview. It was a different one here in Aarhus in September 1970 which I do not have.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2325
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home