Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Have Any Of You Got In Any Legal Trouble From Buying Bootlegs Off The Web
Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: July 1, 2013 06:02

Just wondering

Re: Have Any Of You Got In Any Legal Trouble From Buying Bootlegs Off The Web
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 1, 2013 06:07

NO.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: July 1, 2013 06:49

why would you BUY bootlegs off the 'net anyways??? Most Bootlegs today are freeky shared on the net in various ways...

Talk is Cheap, Bootlegs even cheaper

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 1, 2013 06:53

No. Mainly because they look for people downloading new stuff. If you're downloading the new Man Of Steel movie they're more likely to come after you, than if you're downloading some TV broadcast from 1968.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 1, 2013 17:23

gripweed
why would you BUY bootlegs off the 'net anyways??? Most Bootlegs today are freeky shared on the net in various ways...

Talk is Cheap, Bootlegs even cheaper

Freeky shared!!! LOL

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 1, 2013 18:19

[double post]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-01 18:21 by Erik_Snow.

Date: July 1, 2013 18:20

What A Question.....It's Not Illegal To BUY bootlegs. Only To Sell Them As *New*...Not As *Used* Though
It's Not A Drug Or Anything....If It Was Illegal To Buy Or Own, Then It Should Be Illegal To Listen To, Also, You Know.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-01 18:43 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 3, 2013 21:38

I was told you aren't alowed to download in the USA whatsoever.
Maybe this goes for Official cd's, but for bootlegs, I find it hard to beleive,
In the Netherlands where I live there was a time you could get a ticket from the police when you had disc copies in your car, unless you owe the Original.

Date: July 4, 2013 19:42

stonesmuziekfan
I was told you aren't alowed to download in the USA whatsoever.
Maybe this goes for Official cd's, but for bootlegs, I find it hard to beleive,
In the Netherlands where I live there was a time you could get a ticket from the police when you had disc copies in your car, unless you owe the Original.

Really? Well I understand and get the mean point and reason but here in my city nobody would circulate. I even make copies of my silvers for playing them in the car!

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: July 4, 2013 19:46

My wife filed for divorce because I spent too much money on bootlegs, does that count? ;-)

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: July 4, 2013 20:21

Britney
My wife filed for divorce because I spent too much money on bootlegs, does that count? ;-)
I stopped buying silver bootlegs when I got married, well I bought a few more but she didn't noticed they were bootlegs at all!

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: July 5, 2013 00:02

Britney
Kinda. that's pretty harsh of your ex to divorce you because you are buying bootlegs

Date: July 5, 2013 01:05

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-05 13:15 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: July 5, 2013 01:11

Britney
My wife filed for divorce because I spent too much money on bootlegs, does that count?

Did you buy her any or keep them all to yourself? That may have been your problem.

Posted by: guitard ()
Date: July 5, 2013 05:58

I bought a couple of boot vinyl albums in the 1970s, but I've never bought anything since, and I have thousands of boots. Many of them I recorded/filmed myself. Like Gripweed said, there is no reason to buy them - they are all available for free.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: July 5, 2013 12:29

Back in the days that torrents didn't exist yet, and that you were trading bootlegs physically, I got caught by customs once.

I was sending a package containing 30 cds to the US (it wasn't the first time I was sending such a large amount) but a few days after I deposited the parcel at the post office, I got a letter saying that I had to present myself at the customs department at Brussels Int'l Airport.

I went there and was given the choice; court or paying around 1,000 Euro and CDs seized.

I didn't want to risk a house search, so I paid.

Needless to say that from then on, I stopped sending stuff under my own name, and that I made a couple of packages instead of one large one + I posted them from different post offices....

Chris from Belgium

Date: July 5, 2013 16:02

coowouters
Back in the days that torrents didn't exist yet, and that you were trading bootlegs physically, I got caught by customs once.

I was sending a package containing 30 cds to the US (it wasn't the first time I was sending such a large amount) but a few days after I deposited the parcel at the post office, I got a letter saying that I had to present myself at the customs department at Brussels Int'l Airport.

I went there and was given the choice; court or paying around 1,000 Euro and CDs seized.

Needless to say that from then on, I stopped sending stuff under my own name, and that I made a couple of packages instead of one large one + I posted them from different post offices....

Nice read, thanks for sharing this story Chris!

Could it be that they think you were copying official cds instead of bootlegs stuff?

Well at least you have learnt something and upgraded your sending system at all!
And you kept your generous trading attitude!
thumbs up

Date: July 5, 2013 16:14

Quique-stone
coowouters

Could it be that they think you were copying official cds instead of bootlegs stuff?

Well at least you have learnt something and upgraded your sending system at all!
thumbs up

Interesting story, thanks indeed; Chris
But I would doubt that this customs-issue had any connection with the content of the CDs.....it's more a case of that it's not allowed to send things over a certain value to ANY country without paying customs.....
....at least that what my friends in the custom-departments of Norway told me

They clerks checking out packages being sent is only interested about value......they have no knowledge or interest about what's on the CDs/CDRs being sent.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: July 5, 2013 18:32

Erik_Snow
Quique-stone
coowouters

thumbs up

Interesting story, thanks indeed; Chris
But I would doubt that this customs-issue had any connection with the content of the CDs.....it's more a case of that it's not allowed to send things over a certain value to ANY country without paying customs.....
....at least that what my friends in the custom-departments of Norway told me

They clerks checking out packages being sent is only interested about value......they have no knowledge or interest about what's on the CDs/CDRs being sent.

No, I should have added in my story that the fine (or going to court) was for sending copies of "something". They asked me what was on it (as if they hadn't already listened to one of them...) and I told them it were copies of ROIOs and not of official released stuff, but to them it was the same.

One more thing; in Belgium you can have 1 CDr copy of an official release if you can proof that you have the original.

Chris from Belgium

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1447
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home