Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Guitar Sound
Posted by: alan57 ()
Date: July 1, 2013 12:55

after watching the stones on the bbc on saturday i just wonder where the rock guitar sound has gone from the stones? it was very evident when mick taylor come on to play midnight rambler but the rest of the show it was very weak.keith richards who has never been a great guitarist didnt really play any decent solos and ronnie wood looked lost on the stage.i thought mick jagger and charlie watts were excellent,compare this 2013 show guitar wise to a show from 1973 no contest 1973 wins hands down.

Re: Rolling Stones Guitar Sound
Posted by: daisybenito ()
Date: July 1, 2013 13:21

in the ranking of rolling stone keith figure in 4th place!!!!

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: July 1, 2013 13:31

alan57
after watching the stones on the bbc on saturday i just wonder where the rock guitar sound has gone from the stones? it was very evident when mick taylor come on to play midnight rambler but the rest of the show it was very weak.keith richards who has never been a great guitarist didnt really play any decent solos and ronnie wood looked lost on the stage.i thought mick jagger and charlie watts were excellent,compare this 2013 show guitar wise to a show from 1973 no contest 1973 wins hands down.

So it's not just me then?

Only last week I was remastering some US shows and Keith's guitar was playing havoc with my meters, I couldn't stop them going into the red.
I think he'll be lucky to turn them green on this show.

Posted by: durtysox ()
Date: July 4, 2013 07:21

Keep in mind that you're hearing a televised version that has been toned down by sound engineers who go out of their way to make a rough, raw sound, palatable and safe for the general public.

And Keef is a great guitarist, you just don't know it yet.

Posted by: alan57 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:21

not sure on the great guitarist comment a good guitarist at best not a great one but thats my opinion

Posted by: SirMuddy ()
Date: July 4, 2013 17:06

DurtySox: you're right about Broadcast guitar... For Keith as a guitarist... He's not a flashy guitar player... But he is the inspiration that drive us all... If Clapton, Ronnie, Jimmy, & Pete love his guitar playing... It must be for something. With one note he still can make me buzz a long way & drive tears from my soul, but i feel sleeping while satriani is playing... Maybe it's just a matter of taste, but there's more in Keith soloing Little Queenie than there will ever be in Van Halen... It's about feeling! Now he's old, his hands are almost finish but still playing with soul! That's enough for me... SFTD solo were better in Glastonbury... with less stage space he focus better on solo... While on tour... He's walking round the tongue stage and give a little bit of his soul to everybody... It's not good for the solo but it's cool for the show and for the "meeting"! =O)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-04 17:31 by SirMuddy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home