Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Knebworth commemorative set
Posted by: Wendy ()
Date: June 1, 2013 12:21

We have now completely sold out of the original Knebworth 1976 set and because there were so many disappointed fans we decided to produce another set this time in a silver box (colour not real silver), limited to 250 and although the price remains at £49.99 (58 euros) we have added a few more items.

After the recent death of Storm Thorgerson we decided to give with the set, as a tribute to Storm, the circular poster he designed for the festival which is signed and numbered by my dad. (A poster site has one of these for sale for £70.) We have also recently discovered 8 new pics of The Stones at Knebworth, so now give 20 photos instead of 12 with the set.

New set can be viewed on

[www.rockmusicmemorabilia.com]

Re: New Knebworth commemorative set
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 1, 2013 14:51

The CD included is a copy of the VGP bootleg, btw - you forgot to say

-
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: June 1, 2013 15:09

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-02 23:09 by midnrambler.

Date: June 1, 2013 15:49

The whole thing is a hoax, apart from some nice photos

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: June 1, 2013 16:13

Erik_Snow
The whole thing is a hoax, apart from some nice photos

Agreed

Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: June 1, 2013 16:48

some years ago I parted with some hard earn dollars for something very similar to what's being offered here. Never turned up despite several emails promising it would.

Posted by: Wendy ()
Date: June 1, 2013 19:26

This is not a hoax - you receive everything that is listed on our site.

We send many sets to the States and if you did not receive your set please email me at info@rockmusicmemorabilia.com with your full name and address and when you ordered it and I shall check what happened.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: June 2, 2013 03:07

Okay, Wendy, I ordered one.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 2, 2013 13:32

What is exactly on each cd or dvd and what is the source (SB or aud.)?
It would be very handy if that was expained before one buys one.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 3, 2013 00:11

GJV
What is exactly on each cd or dvd and what is the source (SB or aud.)?
It would be very handy if that was expained before one buys one.

Ha, good luck with that. I've asked her the same thing on here and on their site and never got a response. Now what's that tell you?

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 3, 2013 17:19

Eh...let me think: that it sucks?eye rolling smiley

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: June 19, 2013 02:32

Hello Wendy:

I received the Rolling Stones Knebworth box set in today's mail & everything looks great. You did a great job packaging it. Nothing arrived dented or broken.

I hope to spend many enjoyable hours looking through the book, program and photos, listening to the CDs and watching the DVD. Quite a bit in here to keep me busy!

Also, please thank your father for signing the book for me.

Take care,

Christian a/k/a misterfrias winking smiley

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: June 19, 2013 06:00

misterfrias
Hello Wendy:

I received the Rolling Stones Knebworth box set in today's mail & everything looks great. You did a great job packaging it. Nothing arrived dented or broken.

I hope to spend many enjoyable hours looking through the book, program and photos, listening to the CDs and watching the DVD. Quite a bit in here to keep me busy!

Also, please thank your father for signing the book for me.

Take care,

Christian a/k/a misterfrias winking smiley
Is the dvd the full concert or just 13 songs

Date: June 20, 2013 15:12

Godxofxrock9

The latter. The DVD is 13 songs & a couple of filler tracks, i.e., opening, fireworks. Two music CDs of the RS show are also included.

The set also contains CDs of Todd Rundgren, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Hot Tuna & 10cc. Plus, it includes a New Barbarians 12-track CD from Knebworth August 11, 1979.

I might as well toss the 10cc CD, which is accompanied by a DVD. Nice for the completist but useless to me. Send me your mailing address if you want them.

Cool round poster which was shipped in a separate tube.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: June 20, 2013 15:46

misterfrias
Godxofxrock9

The latter. The DVD is 13 songs & a couple of filler tracks, i.e., opening, fireworks. Two music CDs of the RS show are also included.

The set also contains CDs of Todd Rundgren, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Hot Tuna & 10cc. Plus, it includes a New Barbarians 12-track CD from Knebworth August 11, 1979.

I might as well toss the 10cc CD, which is accompanied by a DVD. Nice for the completist but useless to me. Send me your mailing address if you want them.

Cool round poster which was shipped in a separate tube.
Sounds Like Repacking Some Stones Boots With Other Boots

Date: June 20, 2013 18:16

Godxofxrock9

Sounds Like Repacking Some Stones Boots With Other Boots

Oh, absolutely. For its price, I didn't think that the seven CDs and three DVDs in this set were newly-discovered material.

I don't know about the Hot Tuna, Todd Rundgren's Utopia and the 10cc stuff. I never cared to look for these in the past. Doubt I will be listening to the CDs or watching the DVDs relating to these groups anytime in the near future either.

A copy of the program might be on eBay. The photographs, poster, and book are probably unique to the box set. Obviously, having Freddy Bannister inscribe & sign the book and the case of the box set is unique.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: June 20, 2013 18:35

Still waiting for the t-shirt they promised me when I bought the blue version years ago ("number 1418 of a limited edition of 1500").....
As for the CDs and DVDs; they all came in slim cases, Artwork on the front, setlist printed on the inside of the front; 1 piece of paper, see picture below. (I didn't turn around the front artwork to scan the setlist). I can not state with certainty if these are all DVDr and CDr, but they look like that to me.

As for the box itself; it's nice, well packed and the content is nicely presented and there are 2 certificates of authencity, signed by Mr Bannister, one glued on the lid of the box, the other one inside the book.

Chris from Belgium

Date: June 20, 2013 18:56

@coowouters: I am sorry about your shirt. If you wish, I have the email addresses of a couple of people employed with Freddy Bannister whom you can contact about the shirt's status.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: June 20, 2013 19:07

misterfrias
@coowouters: I am sorry about your shirt. If you wish, I have the email addresses of a couple of people employed with Freddy Bannister whom you can contact about the shirt's status.

Thanks, but I tried that years ago and never got a reply....

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: June 20, 2013 21:09

coowouters
Still waiting for the t-shirt they promised me when I bought the blue version years ago ("number 1418 of a limited edition of 1500").....
As for the CDs and DVDs; they all came in slim cases, Artwork on the front, setlist printed on the inside of the front; 1 piece of paper, see picture below. (I didn't turn around the front artwork to scan the setlist). I can not state with certainty if these are all DVDr and CDr, but they look like that to me.

As for the box itself; it's nice, well packed and the content is nicely presented and there are 2 certificates of authencity, signed by Mr Bannister, one glued on the lid of the box, the other one inside the book.

Based on the numbers printed on the inside hub that is definitely a DVDr and not a silver pressed DVD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-20 21:09 by oldschool.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: June 20, 2013 21:36

ozziestone
some years ago I parted with some hard earn dollars for something very similar to what's being offered here. Never turned up despite several emails promising it would.

3 or 4 or 5 years ago, I have had the same bad experience. Never had the box, never had my money back. She always replied to my emails "I'll be back at the office next monday and see what happened". Finally, I've had to admit that I've been fooled.

The lady who fooled me was called Henrietta (the daughter) not Wendy (the wife) but I think that's the same gang.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-20 21:50 by LiveAtHidepark.

Date: June 20, 2013 23:34

@LiveAtHidepark: Whoa! I received an email from Henrietta less than 48 hours ago. She wanted to confirm that I had received the 1976 Knebworth box set. As you can see from my earlier posts, I did.

Sorry about your loss. Did you try to get your money back???

Date: June 21, 2013 15:37

misterfrias
@LiveAtHidepark: Whoa! I received an email from Henrietta less than 48 hours ago. She wanted to confirm that I had received the 1976 Knebworth box set. As you can see from my earlier posts, I did.

The parcel was not lost.

She told me 3 or 4 times something like "For an unkown reason, your box have not been sent, but it will be sent next monday when I'm back at the office."

Never had the box. Never had my money back.

Date: June 22, 2013 01:50

LiveAtHidepark
misterfrias

The parcel was not lost.

She told me 3 or 4 times something like "For an unkown reason, your box have not been sent, but it will be sent next monday when I'm back at the office."

Never had the box. Never had my money back.

The word "loss" in my earlier post meant "loss of money". You stated you did not get your money back. That would be a "loss". Thus, sorry about your monetary loss.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-22 03:12 by misterfrias.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: June 22, 2013 02:46

coowouters
misterfrias

Thanks, but I tried that years ago and never got a reply....

I too had the same problem - ordered the 'Set' received the same as coowouters - no 'T' shirt. - hey no big deal - I also tried [Years ago ] to and got no reply.
Some you win some you lose - It is a shame when you part with your money in good faith. bottom line you won't order again and would advise others on the board not to either.So please if you are trying to sell your stuff - please ensure you have satisfied back orders.

Date: June 22, 2013 11:23

misterfrias
The word "loss" in my earlier post meant "loss of money". You stated you did not get your money back. That would be a "loss". Thus, sorry about your monetary loss.

sorry for the misundertanding, English is not my natural language.

Date: June 25, 2013 04:19

LiveAtHidepark
misterfrias

sorry for the misundertanding, English is not my natural language.

No worries. Your English is great.

Date: June 25, 2013 07:11

oldschool
coowouters

Based on the numbers printed on the inside hub that is definitely a DVDr and not a silver pressed DVD.

The Falo-version of the Knebworth concert, when it comes to the Rolling Stones' performance is superior, I believe. Available both on Hungercity and here on IORR.
....so you can burn your own DVDR....facinating footage

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-25 14:10 by Erik_Snow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home