Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What are the current best quality versions of the two 02 Nov 2012 gigs please?
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 2, 2012 13:59

I've seen a few versions of these gigs on this page. What are the best versions available at the moment?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-02 14:01 by Silver Dagger.

Re: What are the current best quality versions of the two 02 Nov 2012 gigs please?
Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: December 2, 2012 21:03

Good question Silver- but not for me to say.

Re: What are the current best quality versions of the two 02 Nov 2012 gigs please?
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 2, 2012 21:39

I don't know, I haven't checked them out, but I see most people at torrent-sites prefer Strettonbull's remaster of Bol's recording

I bet more recordings will surface soon. Strange that there's only one single source, so far

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: December 2, 2012 22:11

I'll say it for Strettonbull:
Definitely Strettonbull's edit of Bol's 25th november recording.
Extremely enjoyable.

It's downloadable in the buy-sell-trade section in the thread with that title.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: December 2, 2012 22:51

I also enjoy kowalski's remaster of Bol's recording a lot.
still don't have 29/11 bootleg.

Date: December 2, 2012 23:09

strettonbull
Good question Silver- but not for me to say.

Well I got your one from the 1st night (1st version) and really like it. But then I saw the others and was wondering which everyone preferred.

Date: December 2, 2012 23:11

Amused
I also enjoy kowalski's remaster of Bol's recording a lot.
still don't have 29/11 bootleg.

Yeah, it's the 29th that I really want as I thought it was the better show. Midnight Rambler was far superior that night.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: December 2, 2012 23:15

There's a today's version posted at Dime whcich pretend to be "the" definitive one worked and uploaded by Leo (lonetaper):
-- "...the best sounding" FIXED & FULLY SBE's ALIGNED
"Strettonbull's" remaster (16bit/44.1kHz) of Bol's
raw & lossy MiniDisc recording --

Can someone post it here please? TIA

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: December 2, 2012 23:56

hmmmm, just downloaded it from dime. Sounds very balanced, very good sound. Not too distant or harsh. Thanks to the tapers and all the remastering guys!!!!

Date: December 3, 2012 00:08

Adams
hmmmm, just downloaded it from dime. Sounds very balanced, very good sound. Not too distant or harsh. Thanks to the tapers and all the remastering guys!!!!

Any chance to bring it here, please?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 3, 2012 00:20

Quique-stone
Adams

It's Strettonbull remaster "fixed" by and for audio control freaks... smiling smiley

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: December 3, 2012 02:08

kowalski
Quique-stone
Adams

It's Strettonbull remaster "fixed" by and for audio control freaks... smiling smiley

audio control freaks.>grinning smiley<

I´m not sure wich version i like most.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 3, 2012 03:16

glimmertwin1
kowalski
Quique-stone
Adams

Hey glimmertwin if you're the same glimmertwin from Dime, thanks for uploading my mastered version of Bol's recording there.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: December 3, 2012 09:47

Many thanks strettonbull for your sterling work and to Bol for the original supply of 25th.
I dropped my laptop so a bit of a delay in actually getting to use it properly,my son has it on his laptop for me but as yet i have had no chance to get it off there yet,this old pc is only any good for browsing these days,but what has surprised me is how well most things turned out and so soon after the event.
I s there likely to be a 29th show as well done or did the speed of getting out the 25th hamper things by alerting the security it the fact that the whole first show was available in sound ans vision so soon and in reasonable quality

Date: December 3, 2012 10:10

I'm hoping to post the Thursday gig today. Please be patient, I can't get it to sound quite as good as Sunday's show.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: December 3, 2012 11:45

kowalski
glimmertwin1
kowalski
Quique-stone
Adams

Hey glimmertwin if you're the same glimmertwin from Dime, thanks for uploading my mastered version of Bol's recording there.

Yes was me. But dime makes no more fun if you read the torrent comments with the third upload there:

"In comment #5702962 LippyDoo wrote something like this:

I downloaded the previous 'remastered' version that was offered and enjoyed listening to it, but now it's getting downright wanky here. Good thing we all use fake names, because this 'I'm a purist' and 'my remaster is better than your remaster' stuff is seriously snooty bullshit. Thanks to the taper and the original uploader for this.
"

Thanks to the stones fans for posting their work here thumbs up

All the best

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: December 3, 2012 13:57

Sorry Chris no criticism intended i was just wondering if there had been a clamp down at the 02 thats all .
Look forward to anything that is available/

Date: December 3, 2012 17:39

Just uploading now.

Date: December 3, 2012 18:45

strettonbull
Just uploading now.

Great new, thanks in advance Chris!

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: December 3, 2012 19:29

Erik_Snow
I don't know, I haven't checked them out, but I see most people at torrent-sites prefer Strettonbull's remaster of Bol's recording

I bet more recordings will surface soon. Strange that there's only one single source, so far

Very disappointing "output" so far (no complaint about bol's recording - thank you very much!). What I mean is that five years ago, after Led Zeppelin's O2 concert we had more than 10 different recordings within a week on the trackers. And now? Almost nothing...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-03 19:31 by midnrambler.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: December 3, 2012 19:33

midnrambler
Erik_Snow

Very disappointing "output" so far (no complaint about bol's recording - thank you very much!). What I mean is that five years ago, after Led Zeppelin's O2 concert we had more than 10 different recordings within a week on the trackers. And now? Almost nothing...

I think many tapers might have stayed away because of the high ticket prices. That's why we must hope for releases of bootleg labels like DAC. They will release something for sure as they make a lot of money with a release of the shows.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: December 3, 2012 22:04

An superb recording of the 1st gig will come, and also a better version than the current one of the 2nd night very likely. Likely first through 'official' bootleg channels. And than I am not refering to any Japanese tapers who might have been recording...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 3, 2012 23:18

Source or is it just a guess ?

Date: December 4, 2012 06:56

Source, except for the 'Japanese part'

Date: December 4, 2012 08:12

kees
An superb recording of the 1st gig will come, and also a better version than the current one of the 2nd night very likely. Likely first through 'official' bootleg channels. And than I am not refering to any Japanese tapers who might have been recording...

Do you have any news on a possible release date? This or next year?

Date: December 5, 2012 00:03

No not yet

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: December 5, 2012 01:10

henrik87
kees

I was told "before christmas"

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: December 5, 2012 01:13

midnrambler
Erik_Snow

my thought too. oh well, let`s just be patient and multicamming needs time too, so I'm in no hurry ;-)

Date: December 5, 2012 08:07

falo01
henrik87
kees

I was told "before christmas"

Thanks for the update. So christmas time this year is a painful wait like for children ;-)

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: December 7, 2012 19:32

A lot of CDRs and DVDRs already on Japanese sites:

ROLLING STONES,THE 4CDR 50 & COUNTING IN LONDON 2012 EXILE EXCDR-2012UK1/2/3//4
Live At The 02 Arena, London, UK November 25th & 29th 2012

ROLLING STONES,THE 2CDR+1DVDR LONDON O2 ARENA 1ST NIGHT -Collector's Edition- INVISIBLE WORKS RECORDS IWR-097
Live at O2 Arena, London, England 25th November 2012

ROLLING STONES,THE 2CDR+1DVDR LONDON O2 ARENA 2ND NIGHT -Collector's Edition- INVISIBLE WORKS RECORDS IWR-098
Live at O2 Arena, London, England 29th November 2012

ROLLING STONES,THE 4CDR+2DVDR LONDON O2 ARENA 1ST/2ND NIGHT -Collector's Edition- INVISIBLE WORKS RECORDS IWR-097/098
Live at O2 Arena, London, England 25th & 29th November 2012

ROLLING STONES,THE 2DVD-R 50 & COUNTING GIG #01 (Nov 25 2012, o2 ARENA) JOINTRIP LIVE SEQUENCED SERIES JTDV-LS-001
Multi-Cam Audience Shot 185 mi.

ROLLING STONES,THE 2CDR KICK OFF!! (with OBI) LIKE A ROLLING STONE PRODUCT (SYLPH) SY-1171
Live At O2 Arena,London,England November 25th 2012

ROLLING STONES,THE 1DVD-R LONDON O2 ARENA 1ST NIGHT SECOND LINE 2L-098
Live at O2 Arena, London, England 25th November 2012 (AUD SHOT 148 min.)

ROLLING STONES,THE 1DVD-R LONDON O2 ARENA 2ND NIGHT SECOND LINE 2L-099
Live at O2 Arena, London, England 29th November 2012 (AUD SHOT 128 min.)

ROLLING STONES,THE 2DVD-R LONDON O2 ARENA 1ST & 2ND NIGHT SECOND LINE 2L-098/099
Live at O2 Arena, London, England 25th & 29th November 2012 (AUD SHOT 276 min.)

ROLLING STONES,THE 1DVD-R 50TH ANNIVERSARY - SECOND NIGHT IN LONDON 2012 VIDEOSMASH VS-200R
Live At The O2 Arena, London, UK November 29th 2012 (AUD SHOT 146 min.)

ROLLING STONES,THE 2CDR 50 & COUNTING... LIVE O2 FIRST 2012 FIRST NIGHT COUNTING RECODS CCDR-121125-1/2
Opening Show Live At The O2 Arena, London, UK 11.25.2012

ROLLING STONES,THE 2CDR LONDON O2 ARENA 2012 GRRR! RECORDS GRRR-001/002
SOURCE: EXCELLENT AUDIENCE RECORDINGS. [Remastered Edition] O2 Arena, London, England, November 25th 2012

ROLLING STONES,THE 1DVD-R 50 & COUNTING IN LONDON FIRST NIGHT NORTHERN DISC ND-3617
Live at O2 Arena,London,England November 25 2012 (VARIOUS AUD SHOT 141 min.)

ROLLING STONES,THE 1DVD-R 50 & COUNTING IN LONDON SECOND NIGHT NORTHERN DISC ND-3621
Live at O2 Arena,London,England November 29 2012 (AUD SHOT 134 min.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-07 19:37 by midnrambler.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2547
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home