Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Atlantic City December 17 1989 soundboard?
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 14, 2012 17:20

While listening to Salt of the Earth from AC, December 19 1989 for the first time in years I noticed it was a different version than the one I knew, and which I thought was fantastic. The version I had ended with Jagger saying something about 'going back to LA to get the tattoos patched up'.

Is December 17 1989 availbale on soundboard as well? If so, can someone make this available?

Thanks,
Mathijs

Re: Atlantic City December 17 1989 soundboard?
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 14, 2012 17:46

Don't know of a soundboard for this show.
There is an ok audience recording. The CD was "The First Night" and a no label called 'First Night"

Here is Salt Of The Earth from the 17th...

[soundcloud.com]

Posted by: marko ()
Date: August 14, 2012 19:06

only Vg audience recording,you´ll get it,once i´ll get 1989 tour even startedsmiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 18, 2012 00:18

"Is December 17 1989 availbale on soundboard as well?"

What I saw happening at Dime a few weeks ago was :

Someone posted a crap tape of the Dec. 17 show (crap = taped with a Walkman in the nosebleed section of the Boardwalk). Another person replied he had an upgrade/lower-gen version in his collection. He upped it and boy! it was a different recording : a super-nice DAT. Still aud like the 1st tape but so much better.

Plus the guy who upped it also shared nice memories of the show :

"Grabbed this off the rocks-off tracker. I wish to thank the original uploader and the taper.

I had the pleasure to be at this show and it was a really kick-ass show. Better in many ways IMHO to the Pay Per View show two nights later.

I remember John Lee Hooker being so wasted that he forgot to turn his gutair on and he was wailing away on it untill about 1/4 way thru "Boogie Chillen" till Keith motioned for him to turn it on!!!

If you watch the Pay Per View after Clapton finishes Little Red Rooster you can see Keith point to Hooker and say something like we had problems the other night with him being wasted and Clapton shakes his head and says...Yeah thats why Im staying out here!!!

futura"

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 18, 2012 16:22

Thanks for letting us know the Dime post dcba!
How I miss the good old Rocks Off tracker's days!

Date: August 23, 2012 23:49

Mathijs
While listening to Salt of the Earth from AC, December 19 1989 for the first time in years I noticed it was a different version than the one I knew, and which I thought was fantastic. The version I had ended with Jagger saying something about 'going back to LA to get the tattoos patched up'.

Is December 17 1989 availbale on soundboard as well? If so, can someone make this available?

Thanks,
Mathijs

The "getting their tattoos touched up"-comment was from the pay per view-soundboard show.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: August 24, 2012 18:45

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-25 11:48 by Honestman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home