Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mr. Freezer has passed away
Posted by: dph ()
Date: June 14, 2012 02:20

Freezer is no more and apparently threw out his uncirculated recordings, which apparently included the elusive Houston 6/25/72 show(s): [www.collectorsmusicreviews.com].

Prior discussion: [www.iorr.org]; scroll down to 2012 comments.

Re: Mr. Freezer has passed away
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 14, 2012 02:46

Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: June 14, 2012 13:05

Sorry to hear of his passing away.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: June 14, 2012 16:53

Why wouldn't he share his recordings? Maybe the sound was not good

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: June 14, 2012 16:57

Sorry to hear he passed away...
I have quite a few of his recordings (they were traded on "RollingstonesBoots" ; which still exists BTW! A site that got a lot of heat here on IORR, especially it's founder Robert M.).
I always had a good relationship with him, so I was quite surprised to read the article on www.collectorsmusicreviews.com .

RIP Mr Freezer!

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: June 14, 2012 23:01

GOO
Why wouldn't he share his recordings? Maybe the sound was not good

yes, I´m sure this was the only reason.

Posted by: dph ()
Date: June 15, 2012 00:49

Freezer liked the fact that he made some unique recordings, and liked to claim that anyone who had dubs of his recordings had very poor copies. He rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I'm sure he's the only person who ever joined Dime just to argue with people, without up or downloading a single byte.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 15, 2012 01:51

dph
Freezer liked the fact that he made some unique recordings, and liked to claim that anyone who had dubs of his recordings had very poor copies. He rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I'm sure he's the only person who ever joined Dime just to argue with people, without up or downloading a single byte.

Clearly a sign of not having grown up really, but whatever it was, it seemed that this guy had serious issues. I just hope that he finds his peace now.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: June 15, 2012 09:46

alimente

Clearly a sign of not having grown up really, but whatever it was, it seemed that this guy had serious issues. I just hope that he finds his peace now.

you're right

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 15, 2012 16:24

He obviously liked to have a lot of attention around him, be it good or bad. He was full of stories about taping or tapers but it seemed that recording shows and collection tapes was all that happened in his life. I hope YOU have a life outside the Stones... grinning smiley

He'd be enraged when one of his babies... sorry tapes popped up on the Net, as if someone had stolen from his house.
At the age of 59 he boasted about his huge comic book collection and he'd ask ppl by PM to "bump" the threads he was involved in at the torrent site named TTD...
So I'd say his "mental age" was about 11.

Apparently his later life was plagued by illness so I think he's finally at peace now.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 15, 2012 17:08

The heart knows its own bitterness, and no stranger will share its joys

Date: June 15, 2012 17:46

Mugshot :
[obits.dignitymemorial.com]

Funny : on the Net he sounded like a hardcore 300-pound guy but the pic shows the ultimate nerd... smoking smiley

People...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-15 17:48 by dcba.

Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: June 15, 2012 18:58

I was in contact with him. He sent me three shows (some different transfer of the mobile 72 show + frisco 75 and another 78 show) he asked me to seed on TTD. I think he didn't know how to torrent...

He was very kind and friendly. Only have great memories of the chap.

I hope he can record some of our heroes up there in heaven and drop the tapes...

RIP

Date: June 15, 2012 19:10

"Frisco 75"

I remember that one it was a 2nd gen. In all fairness I must say the Master-clone shared by KRW_CO at Dime was better/clearer.
Freezer's sounded a tad overloaded hissy and artificial.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: June 15, 2012 20:40

dcba
Mugshot :
[obits.dignitymemorial.com]

Funny : on the Net he sounded like a hardcore 300-pound guy but the pic shows the ultimate nerd... smoking smiley

People...

What do YOU look like, dcba? An emoticon, perhaps? Your remarks strike me as smug and insensitive, and a little creepy, given that your only real connection to the guy was a common interest in live recordings. Correct me if I'm wrong about that, though.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: June 15, 2012 21:37

fortilix
I was in contact with him. He sent me three shows (some different transfer of the mobile 72 show + frisco 75 and another 78 show) he asked me to seed on TTD. I think he didn't know how to torrent...

He was very kind and friendly. Only have great memories of the chap.

I hope he can record some of our heroes up there in heaven and drop the tapes...

RIP

Same here, never had any quarrels with him. He would send me CDr's (all the way from the US to Europe) to trade freely. Always friendly in his mails, never asking for something, except for my opinion on his taping. And when I sometimes had to tell him that I didn't like this or that, he would thank me!

Chris from Belgium

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1662
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home