Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is this a genuine Stones release or boot ?
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 1, 2012 01:50

I've never seen this in any book or discography as a genuine release...... [www.ebay.co.uk] .....so I think it's a boot....does anyone know better ?...thanks............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-01 12:07 by EddieByword.

Re: Is this a genuine Stones release or boot ?
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 1, 2012 02:56

I think the guy is a scammer. He is stripping down 45x45 box and sells singles from the box separately. Check his other listing.
[stores.ebay.co.uk]

And yes, this single is an official - part of 45x45 boxset. The Rolling Stones Singles 1971-2006 [www.ebay.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-01 02:59 by ironbelly.

Date: June 1, 2012 10:49

Thanks for the info.that's interesting all the same...I didn't know it had been released officially on CD......hope the Stones haven't just done a vinyl rip.......winking smiley.thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-01 12:08 by EddieByword.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 3, 2012 20:39

ironbelly
I think the guy is a scammer. He is stripping down 45x45 box and sells singles from the box separately. Check his other listing.
[stores.ebay.co.uk]

And yes, this single is an official - part of 45x45 boxset. The Rolling Stones Singles 1971-2006 [www.ebay.co.uk]

I believe you're right about him stripping/selling the 45x45 box but why is he a 'scammer'?

Date: June 3, 2012 22:34

treaclefingers
ironbelly
[stores.ebay.co.uk]

I believe you're right about him stripping/selling the 45x45 box but why is he a 'scammer'?

Well...

The description on ebay reads
ROLLING STONES
LIMITED CD-SINGLE
Lovingly replicating the original 7” / 12” (...rarities, remixes, live version... - see tracklisting below) in miniature picture sleeve and label. !NEW! (not sealed).

No notice of the boxset. He is taking advantage of people that have no knowledge about existance of this set.

Street price of the boxset is less than 200 Euro. His offer is appr. 8.5Euro for a disc. This makes appr. 380 Euro for 45 discs.

Now you call him....winking smiley Smart businessman, or what?

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: June 3, 2012 23:50

The Complete Singles (1971-2006) [45 CDs] [Box set, Original recording remastered]
The Rolling Stones | Format: Audio CD
4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (9 customer reviews) | Like (58)
Price: $179.99 (=144.096 EUR) & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
Special Offers Available

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Only 11 left in stock--order soon (more on the way).
Want it delivered Tuesday, June 5?
Order it in the next 26 hours and 11 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout.
Details
26 new from $179.98 3 used from $159.01

Chris from Belgium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-03 23:52 by coowouters.

Date: June 4, 2012 07:56

ironbelly
treaclefingers
ironbelly
[stores.ebay.co.uk]

Well...

The description on ebay reads
ROLLING STONES
LIMITED CD-SINGLE
Lovingly replicating the original 7” / 12” (...rarities, remixes, live version... - see tracklisting below) in miniature picture sleeve and label. !NEW! (not sealed).

No notice of the boxset. He is taking advantage of people that have no knowledge about existance of this set.

Street price of the boxset is less than 200 Euro. His offer is appr. 8.5Euro for a disc. This makes appr. 380 Euro for 45 discs.

Now you call him....winking smiley Smart businessman, or what?

I think it's reasonable to break apart the set and sell them individually for more, but I do agree, he should probably have indicated on their somewhere this is from boxset. Having said that, anyone actually buying this is probably 'in the know' so to speak, so doubtful anyone is getting 'scammed' paying 8.5 Euro's.

He's putting an awful lot of work in, and taking the risk breaking the set apart, as he has to do all the work selling this, and needs to sell 50% to break even.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: June 4, 2012 12:57

He has 5 sets available, so if he doesn't sell enough, he's in trouble, especially if he sells 5 of the same; would mean that none of his 5 boxes aren't complete anymore, LOL!

Chris from Belgium

Date: June 4, 2012 13:16

coowouters
He has 5 sets available, so if he doesn't sell enough, he's in trouble, especially if he sells 5 of the same; would mean that none of his 5 boxes aren't complete anymore, LOL!

You can't even imagine his trouble

winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-04 13:18 by ironbelly.

Date: June 5, 2012 03:10

coowouters

That's what I'm saying, once you break apart the set, with even just a couple missing, the set plunges in value. He's not selling the individual pieces at that much of a profit, and what he's left with in the set is worth a fraction of the value.

UNLESS he's somehow bootlegging these, in which case he is a scammer.

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: June 10, 2012 11:18

ironbelly

I highly doubt that anybody who's looking for Stones CD singles on eBay would not be aware of that box set. winking smiley In any event, the seller's auctions turned out pretty useful for myself - I am collecting all of the Stones' non-album tracks (live and studio, excluding remixes) from 1989 onwards on official CD releases, and bought the "Biggest Mistake" EP including a live version of "Hand Of Fate" (which previously was available as a 7" vinyl B-side only) from him. Most of the other non-album material I already own on the original, separate releases - no way I would have purchased the entire set for this track alone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-10 11:25 by OhNoNotMeAgain.

Date: June 10, 2012 13:30

OhNoNotMeAgain
ironbelly

I highly doubt that anybody who's looking for Stones CD singles on eBay would not be aware of that box set. winking smiley In any event, the seller's auctions turned out pretty useful for myself - I am collecting all of the Stones' non-album tracks (live and studio, excluding remixes) from 1989 onwards on official CD releases, and bought the "Biggest Mistake" EP including a live version of "Hand Of Fate" (which previously was available as a 7" vinyl B-side only) from him. Most of the other non-album material I already own on the original, separate releases - no way I would have purchased the entire set for this track alone.

Somehow the 'Dub Feel on' got by me when I checked out the boxset, I guess it's up to him if he wants to sell it as a whole or split it up and as ohno points out it probaly would be a helpful thing if you only need one or two things to complete. I might yet get that Undercover / Dub Feel on....................

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1759
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home