Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Megaupload Down
Posted by: edithgrove ()
Date: January 20, 2012 00:14

Megaupload has been shut down in the US as of 2012, Jan, 19. US censorship. Never thought I would see this day. What a disgrace in a free society.

Re: Megaupload Down
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 20, 2012 00:25

I thought the FBI's main objective was to protect the US citizens. Wrong! They're the butlers of the Hollywood conglomerates. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 20, 2012 01:17

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: January 20, 2012 01:27

The US censorhip wants to grab Facebook and Google as well. Thanx to the "free world"! Maybe Northkorea would like to open their own Megaupload Mr. President?

angry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-20 01:29 by hedegaard.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 20, 2012 02:10

It's not just in the US, I can't access it here in the UK either. thumbs down

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: January 20, 2012 08:37

The lead perpertrator as described by local media, has been arrested in a wild police operation involving 70 officers, helicopter and the dog squad. Believe me no where in the world are dogs used more than in New Zealand, first in the door mate, never a human being when scumbags are to be taken down, anyway so they've denied Max Dotcom bail, which means he's in Mt Eden Jail, a Victorian era hell hole that was declared unfit for use 30 years ago, it floods if it rains. So he's having a lovely time, walking in piss and fighting the roaches for bed space.

He bought his way in here a while back 10m in Govt Bonds and NZs most expensive house, cool.

[www.nzherald.co.nz]

His life is about to suck bigtime.

[www.nzherald.co.nz]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-08 07:27 by SKILLS.

Date: January 20, 2012 11:25

THe MU cew made one mistake : having some servers on the US soil (in Ashburn VA).

So that made the job easy for the Feds...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 20, 2012 12:26

I wonder on what basis the FBI have shut down this site given that they have yet to prove that anything illegal has taken place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-20 12:26 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 20, 2012 13:12

Anonymous in revenge attack for MegaUpload shutdown

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: January 20, 2012 13:40

Good post from another site:

"May I make a very basic suggestion to anyone running one of these cyberlocker sites.
If you're making hundreds of millions of dollars a year like MU apparently was, then rather than blow all that cash on toys you might want to consider reinvesting a significant percentage of it in donations to the reelection campaigns of US Senators and Congress members.
You want to know why laws like SOPA and such might come into effect? It's not because your average politician gives a damn about copyright enforcement. Its because the "people" (corporations and the likes of Rupert Murdoch) that fund their reelection campaigns care about it. US politicians are for sale. You don't have to be the largest contributor but you have to be in the game, otherwise you can kiss your businesses goodbye eventually.

I'd also add that some 39 States elect at least some if not all of the judges that sit on their courts. So there's whole other group of individuals who have to raise money for election campaigns and who knows might be somewhat grateful and predisposed to the people who donate to their campaigns. Not to mention that a lot of the States also hold elections for their prosecutors (District Attorneys etc). A whole other group who you might want to have on your side especially if you have assets/equipment in their particular jurisdiction."

Posted by: Keef1966 ()
Date: January 20, 2012 14:53

I'd like to know how they came up with the $500 million figure.... Seems like they just pull a number out of the air. Anybody read the book "Bootleg"?
The Motion Picture Association of America radically over state how much copyright infringment is going on and the FBI gets all excited for a "big" bust.

Date: January 20, 2012 15:28

"May I make a very basic suggestion to anyone running one of these cyberlocker sites.
If you're making hundreds of millions of dollars a year like MU apparently was, then rather than blow all that cash on toys you might want to consider reinvesting a significant percentage of it in donations to the reelection campaigns of US Senators and Congress members"

Entering the circles of corruption that rule Washington to buy a handful of puppet-congressmen? That's silly to me...

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: January 20, 2012 16:48

IMO. It's not about royalties, but about the people who run this royalty-businesses. These guys run out of income for themselves.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home