Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

IAON - unidentified
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: May 28, 2008 13:06

this the IAON version:

[www.mediafire.com]

I think it was posted by Zagalo or Vox some months ago; doesn't match with my arkiv.
I miss the CD Lost Treasure, so I have no idea if it comes from it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-28 13:16 by straycat58.

Re: IAON - unidetified
Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: May 28, 2008 13:23

Here' s 'IAON' from the BootCD 'The lost treasure'

[www.gigasize.com]

Re: IAON - unidentified
Date: May 28, 2008 13:32

Yes, it's this one. In this site, this track is indicated as Radio Luxembourg, April 64. What you think?

[www.liederbluete.de]

Date: May 28, 2008 14:10

Quiet interesting.
On my backcover this song is a BBC Top Gear recording, 23.07.1964

Date: May 28, 2008 14:22

I think Radio Luxemburg is the wrong place and date because they recorded on 10. / 11. June the first time IAON.
So, BBC Top Gear seems to be correct.

Date: May 28, 2008 14:33

IAON was not played at Top Gear 64.
The guitar solo is similar to the Joe Loss version and can be the rehearsal of the Joe Loss.
Question: if this is a rehearsal, why there's a radio announcement?

Rolling On, did you compare the other song Ain't that loving you baby with the other version available? is it the same? So far, this track has been collocated as Rhythm & Blues October 8, 1964. This radio program was hosted by Alexis Korner and it's the famous program that included Dust my piramids.

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: May 29, 2008 11:11

HI,
The IAON version could be the lesser known rehearsal version of July 17 1964 (Joe Loss Show), as on the VGP cd The lost treasure. This is knowledge from the books and not by comparing/listening to the versions you are writing about.
See also Nico Zentgraf:
640717A 17th July: UK radio (BBC) 'The Joe Loss Pop Show', London. Host: Joe Loss.
- It's All Over Now (Bobby and Shirley Womack)
- If You Need Me (Wilson Pickett/Robert Bateman)
- Confessin' The Blues (Walter Brown/Jay McShann)
- Carol (Chuck Berry)
- Mona (Ellas McDaniel)
+ It's All Over Now (Bobby and Shirley Womack) -rehearsal
Alex.

Date: May 29, 2008 11:44

Yes Alex, I agree. I've just the doubt of this radio announcement; I wonder why this track, being a rehearsal, has been aired by radio.
Anyway, ok for Joe Loss rehearsal, noted and confirmed.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: May 29, 2008 14:57

Here's the IAON version from Beat Beat on the Joe Loss show & it is different, the first couple of notes of the guitar solo, the different ways Mick sings HER turn to cry & WELL she used to run around.

[rapidshare.com]

Looks like we might have the rehearsal version here. The announcer on 'The lost Treasure' sounds like Brian Mathews so maybe it was also broadcast but on a different show.

Another explanation for the announcer is that it could be from a radio documentary. I used to have one, broadcast here in Australia, called something like 'The Stones on BBC'. I only kept the songs which are 16 of the trax on Beeb, but do not include IAON. Maybe there is a different version of this documentary with more/less songs on it including the Lost Treasure one.

BTW anyone reading this who doesn't have the Beat Beat at the Beeb boot, Trapo posted it way back & the links still work.

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: hulloder ()
Date: December 25, 2011 18:51

The rehearsal of IAON on Joe Loss Show is indicated on ULTRA RATE TRAX 2..is true??

[www.dbboots.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1601
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home