Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: July 30, 2011 14:25

As requested here it is, "Grande Finalé" vinyl rip:

RegaP3 with Ortofon "Tango" moving coil>Tascam Cd Recorder RW 402>Nero7 Wave files>Audacity>Cd Wave editor>Traders Little Helper Flac level 6, checksums included

There are a handful of clicks on the vinyl, no visible damage; so I think it is because the bootleggers used cheap vinyl.
I removed those clicks with Audacity.
No artwork

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-20 21:09 by Rank Stranger.

Re: POST: Grande Finalé from vinyl
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: July 30, 2011 14:44

Great, many thanks! Unfortunately I sold my LP many years ago.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: July 30, 2011 14:49

THANK YOU VERY KINDLY, SIR!!!

Rank Stranger
As requested here it is, "Grande Finalé" vinyl rip:

[www.megaupload.com]

RegaP3 with Ortofon "Tango" moving coil>Tascam Cd Recorder RW 402>Nero7 Wave files>Audacity>Cd Wave editor>Traders Little Helper Flac level 6, checksums included

There are a handful of clicks on the vinyl, no visible damage; so I think it is because the bootleggers used cheap vinyl.
I removed those clicks with Audacity.
No artwork

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 30, 2011 15:55

curious to check out the difference to CDs
thanks a lot

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: July 30, 2011 16:06

Very nice. Thank you very much for posting this vinyl rip. The stereo seperation and dynamics are indeed slightly better than on subsequent CD bootleg releases. The stereochannels are reversed and could use a little volume adjustment for a better L/R ballance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-30 19:50 by Britney.

Date: July 30, 2011 16:07

Here is the artwork. It is thought to build a LP miniature cardboard sleeve for the CD.
[imageshack.us]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-31 09:49 by midnrambler.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 30, 2011 18:50

Thank YOU, Hans-Jo !

Even though I have the vinyl, I appreciate getting this in digital format - instead of wearing out the vinyl.

Will download, once vacation is over - thanks again!

Posted by: jimjamaica ()
Date: July 30, 2011 20:49

cover: [www.megaupload.com]

reelin´& rockin´

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-30 20:50 by jimjamaica.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 30, 2011 21:40

Thanks for the vinyl rip Rank Stranger!!!!!

Thanks also for the artworks!

smileys with beer

Date: July 31, 2011 10:59

Now look what I have created (using these black LP retro CD blanks):

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 31, 2011 13:15

Now that's a nice one !

Date: July 31, 2011 14:00

wonderful, kurt

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: July 31, 2011 16:58

Britney
Very nice. Thank you very much for posting this vinyl rip. The stereo seperation and dynamics are indeed slightly better than on subsequent CD bootleg releases. The stereochannels are reversed and could use a little volume adjustment for a better L/R ballance.

Yeah. And this bootleg was released in spring 1982 and never changed. I have it in my collection since then. You all can imagine that this one at the time of its release came from outta space.

Tom

Date: July 31, 2011 17:32

midnrambler
Now look what I have created (using these black LP retro CD blanks):

Great work! Please scan it completely and upload it here!

Date: July 31, 2011 20:20

Quique-stone

I posted the link for the sleeve already above! The font for the writing on the label is called "Jasmine UPC", should be included in Windows. It's the same font as used on the LP labels (but I changed "Les Glimmer Twins" to "The Rolling Stones" and corrected the strange song titlessmiling smiley)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-31 20:41 by midnrambler.

Date: July 31, 2011 23:33

midnrambler
Quique-stone

I posted the link for the sleeve already above! The font for the writing on the label is called "Jasmine UPC", should be included in Windows. It's the same font as used on the LP labels (but I changed "Les Glimmer Twins" to "The Rolling Stones" and corrected the strange song titlessmiling smiley)

Danke!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 3, 2011 12:32

quite unbelievable this -it means that original tapes with correct stereo image are available after all! All bootlegs I know of use the tapes with Wood way up loud, Keith a bit on the background and full upfront bass, and both panned fairly in the middle. Backing vocals are panned to the middle as well, making it sound a bit mono. All boot releases have tried to improve on the stereo image, but none have totally succeeded.

This vinyl source just sounds superb. Perfect stereo image, it sounds like an official release. The sound levels could increase somewhat, but that's all.

Excellent!

Mathijs

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 4, 2011 12:52

Mathijs
quite unbelievable this -it means that original tapes with correct stereo image are available after all! All bootlegs I know of use the tapes with Wood way up loud, Keith a bit on the background and full upfront bass, and both panned fairly in the middle. Backing vocals are panned to the middle as well, making it sound a bit mono. All boot releases have tried to improve on the stereo image, but none have totally succeeded.

This vinyl source just sounds superb. Perfect stereo image, it sounds like an official release. The sound levels could increase somewhat, but that's all.

Excellent!

Mathijs

Right. Grande Finale was always a kind of mystery. It was released as early as spring 1982 and never resurfaced. The sound mix is obviously different and superior to the broadcast mix. The tape used for Grande Finale never showed up anywhere, and the other songs from this show with this mix are unavailable.

However, the bootlegger must have had access to the complete show as Grande Finale is a compilation. Or did this compilation only leak in the form as it was bootlegged?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-04 12:55 by retired_dog.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 4, 2011 20:08

Very nice CD single. It looks like a vinyl record. Love what I read about the sound too. Great that it was made available for fans to enjoy. I'm downloding it now. Can someone post which concert Grande Finalé is from. Thank you, ExileStones

p.s. Could you make a templae in word for the paper jacket and a CD label and post it here. It's a cool collector's item.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 4, 2011 20:37

Thanks very much
another artwork option:
[dbboots.com]

I wonder if this is the only PreFM to surface?

I would give a 5 course dinner for Jumpin' Jack Flash in this quality!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-04 21:23 by Munichhilton.

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: August 5, 2011 02:37

Thanks a lot for sharing!!

Cheers

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: August 5, 2011 12:00

Many thanks - very much appreciated.

Date: August 6, 2011 21:43

There's another vinyl release titled "We Hate You" with different tracks but if I remember correctly (don't have it anymore) in similar excellent quality as Grande Finale. Maybe someone has it and can compare or even rip & post?

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: August 6, 2011 22:35

I'm listening to Under My Thumb from "We Hate You" and the guitars are clearly on left and right channels and Keith is a bit louder as Ronnie. Superb quality but in my memory Grande Finale was better. But I'm gonna try this one in a minute.

Edit: now I'm listening to Grande Finale - We Hate you is superb but I prefer Grande Finale - it has more depth to my ears and is more dynamic.

I'd love to up We Hate You but and can't de-click anything as DartPro isn't working on my PC. The vinyl is like new but for sure there's some static here and there. But an unaltered version in no problem.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-06 22:40 by silkcut1978_.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 6, 2011 23:45

silkcut1978_
I'm listening to Under My Thumb from "We Hate You" and the guitars are clearly on left and right channels and Keith is a bit louder as Ronnie. Superb quality but in my memory Grande Finale was better. But I'm gonna try this one in a minute.

Edit: now I'm listening to Grande Finale - We Hate you is superb but I prefer Grande Finale - it has more depth to my ears and is more dynamic.

I'd love to up We Hate You but and can't de-click anything as DartPro isn't working on my PC. The vinyl is like new but for sure there's some static here and there. But an unaltered version in no problem.

If you up it, I can run it through Soundforge 1o which has a vinyl restoration tool.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: August 7, 2011 20:46

Corresponding bootleg "We Hate You" kindly posted by silkcut1978_ here:

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: makim ()
Date: August 10, 2011 23:16

@Rank Stranger: very cool artwork!!

Anybody who is interested in the original vinyl (either Grande Finale or We Hate You) please drop me a line!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 11, 2011 20:15

makim
@Rank Stranger: very cool artwork!!

Anybody who is interested in the original vinyl (either Grande Finale or We Hate You) please drop me a line!

yes please

Date: August 18, 2011 16:52

I made a list of all Hampton 81 releases on vinyl:

Twenty Flight Rock (3LPs)(EVA Records HB-2-2902)
Complete show in exc. stereo but not perfect and a lot of cuts between the songs. Still the best vinyl release of the full show.

American Tour '81 (3LPs box set)(-)
Complete show in exc. mono*. Some cuts between the songs are even worse than in the release above!

Goin' To A Go-Go (1LP)(Arctic Zone Records AZ-GGG)
She's So Cold (1LP)(Arctic Zone Records AZ-SSC)
Twenty Flight Rock (1LP)(Arctic Zone Records AZ-TFR)
Together the complete show in good stereo only and all tracks in chaotic order!

As You Know The Stones Are (1LP)(Dolphin Records DO 1001)
Five Stones Ready To Roll (1LP)(-)
Tour Of The Americas 81 (1LP)(Chamelion Records CR 1001)
All 3 titles are the same and contain 10 tracks in vg-exc. stereo (side 1) & mono (side 2)

Grande Finale (1LP)(Le Soir Prod. GT 101881)
8 tracks in superb stereo, Best quality of all releases so far.

We Hate You! (1LP)(Grining Pig Records)
11 tracks in exc. stereo

1962/1982 Never Too Old To Rock & Roll (2LPs)(Flying Horses Records FC 014)
22 tracks on a double album. Exc. mono*. Not complete, missing Shattered, Let Me Go, Tumbling Dice, She's So Cold & 2 tracks are faded out. Songs in wrong order. Nice fold out cover.

*may be stereo with poor channel separation

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-18 18:16 by midnrambler.

Date: August 18, 2011 21:31

midnrambler
I made a list of all Hampton 81 releases on vinyl:

thanks a lot for this list. will help me one day to find out what recordings
I need for a DVD release.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home