Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST RS 1982-05-27 GLASGOW (tape transfer - incomplete show) FLAC
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: October 6, 2011 21:33

THE ROLLING STONES
APOLLO THEATRE, GLASGOW, SCOTLAND
MAY 27TH 1982

QUALITY:
Good-VERY Good Audience

COMMENTS:
This is a "newly" (2007) discovered tape of Glasgow 1982, which beats the heck out of the "well-known" source.
But it only features about half of the show, while the "well-known" source (which sounds absolutely dreadful) features almost the whole show.
The "new" tape features "Hang Fire" though, while the old one didn't.

This is a reseed of some sort, as it features only "CD3" of the torrent mentioned by the original uploader Silkcut1978 (please see the "original info file" for complete info).

I did not store CD1 and CD2, as I had harddrive problems a few years back, and thought I'd actually never listen to those 2 discs again. This 3rd disc is the "keeper" here.

I'm reseeding this (incomplete) torrent, as I thought a friend mine would like to hear this.

Thanks goes to Silkcut1978! But also to Adotulipson and EricBT.....which is me.

OBS:
No changes made to the files, and original info file is included
However I changed the name of the file-holder, so that nobody would overwrite their old "3CD torrent", because of this "1CD torrent".

TRACKS:

01 Let Me Go
02 Time Is On My Side
03 Beast Of Burden
04 Let It Bleed
05 You Can’t Always Get What You Want
06 Band introduction
07 Little T & A
08 Tumbling Dice
09 She’s So Cold
10 Hang Fire
11 Miss You (intro cut)
12 Honky Tonk Women
13 Brown Sugar
14 Start Me Up
15 Jumpin' Jack Flash (speed problems)
16 Satisfaction (speed problems)

Words and upload by Erik_snow, July 2010.

I was one of the lucky ones to download this and seeing the request for Glasgow May 27th 1982, I thought way not re-upload this one in Eric's honour, and here it is;

[www.megaupload.com]

There is a 2nd infofile included in this download in wich is spoken about two previous uploads, but sorry, those uploads I don't have.

Eric, Thanks again.

Re: POST RS 1982-05-27 GLASGOW (tape transfer - incomplete show) FLAC
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 6, 2011 22:11

Thanks for being so polite, Jaap

Date: October 6, 2011 22:56

Erik_Snow
Thanks for being so polite, Jaap

Having the infofile, it was the least I could do.

Posted by: oldstoned ()
Date: October 6, 2011 23:26

thank you very much!smileys with beer

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 6, 2011 23:27

Many thanks!

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: October 7, 2011 02:25

Thank You..once again...

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: October 8, 2011 19:03

Wow big big Thank You to, Eric / stonezmusiekfan / and all others involved in making this available.I remember buying this first time on cassette from a Market Stall in Edinburgh about a week after the shows in Scotland.It was really bad quality and after all this time I thought this to be the only recording available.So really pleasantly surprised and grateful to be able to listen to it in audible quality.Thanks Guys !!!.Makes you wonder what else is out there......

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: October 8, 2011 19:16

Sorry, does it mean that I uploaded this source somewhere?? I read the title of the thread a minute ago and thought GREAT, a new source but if I seeded it I should have it somewhere. HELP please, I'm way too old to keep all those things in mind...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 8, 2011 19:53

LOL! Hey Thomas, yes indeed you uploaded this tape to DIME, after I sent you the tape which adotulipson provided.....it was in 2007 or 2008. But you uploaded the entire show; incl. the 1st part in hair-rising-horrible quality; while my reseed, 2 years later only featured the 2nd part of the show. I think you still have the original tape I sent? THanks for your work in transferring and such, back then

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-08 20:08 by Erik_Snow.

Date: October 8, 2011 21:43

silkcut1978_
I'm way too old to keep all those things in mind...

me too, and above that, my hair is turning grey grinning smiley

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: October 9, 2011 09:15

Thank you Erik. It seems I didn't even keep the transfer I did but now it's here for dl eye rolling smiley
I found the tape you sent me and I'm glad that I saw this thread and asked my questions. Otherwise I might have found it in a few years only to open a sensational thread about a freshly discovered new source..oh Lordyawning smiley

My hair turned grey many years ago Jaap but we've got so much hair color in our country - they even try to sell it !! winking smiley

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: October 31, 2011 00:36

Did anyone happen to keep CD1/2? I only have the full, combined show in mp3, and it would save me the trouble of combining the 2 sources myself. Thanks in advance!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1578
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home