Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Aerosmith Monsters of Rock 1979 plus Houston 1977 4REEL DVD
Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: April 17, 2011 19:12

I've had a silver copy of this since it was released. There is a playback error which prevents the last portion of the disc from playing/being watched. Back then I contacted my dealer and asked if I could return it. He said many of the originals had this problem on some DVD players, or that some of the discs had this problem and there was no way to predict if a replacement copy would be the same or not.

Anyone own a working copy or know where it can be downloaded? or the second Houston show from 26 June?

The Oakland 79 plays fine, and I have the Houston 25th complete on another DVD. It's the Houston June 26th 1977 portion I don't have and that won't play.

I've tried this DVD on several players and have tried to extract the video a number of different ways. Just seems to be a bad authoring.

Any help appreciated.

J

Re: OT: Aerosmith Monsters of Rock 1979 plus Houston 1977 4REEL DVD
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 18, 2011 00:12

[www.giginjapan.com]

Don't know if it's what you want but the June 24 Houston tape exists as a torrent, upped at Trader's Den.

Here's the tech blah-blah : winking smiley

audio: MPEG-1 Layer 2 0xc0:48000Hz 384 kb/s total (2 chnls)
Video: MPEG2_Video len 00:20:59 frms ~37,739 kbps 6000 qf 0.579

Aerosmith
Rocks In Houston'77
Houston Summit,
Houston, TX
24 June, 1977
Pro-Shot
MPEG-2 720x480
Dolby AC-3 48khz/16 bit 2 channel audio
VHS>Philips DVDR75(w/Monster Cabling)>MacTheRipper

Acquired in a trade several years ago, this is a fairly low gen source(3-4 gens. out but good pic and color and VG+ audio for the day) of a pro-shot Houston show on the Rocks Tour...the actual venue (doesn't look like a stadium show) and date are unknown, but it's obviously pre-Texas Jam '78..features all of the classic early stuff plus a few tracks from Rocks and the pre-release new track "Draw The Line". This is a nice document for Aerosmith fans, and it shows the band still very much intact as a live band, of course a string of really bad luck was waiting ahead for this great American band...it's nice to have one rock band that equalled the Brits !!!
So, this is for all of those people who bought tickets for the '78 shows and saw a train wreck not a train rollin' !!!

Back In The Saddle
Mama Kin
SOS (Too Bad)
Big Ten Inch Record
Lord Of The Thighs
Dream On
Adam's Apple
Sweet Emotion
Sick As A Dog
Draw The Line
Walk This Way
Rattlesnake Shake?
Same Old Song And Dance
Toys In The Attic
Train Kept A Rollin'/Peter Gunn

approx. 90min
Full Size: 4.04 GB"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-18 00:17 by dcba.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 18, 2011 00:20

Comment from the thread :
"They did two nights in a row at the Summit that year.
There ia a pro shot of the next nights concert.
A much better show IMHO. I saw it on Dime last year."

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: April 18, 2011 04:06

Thanks. I found an active torrent on Trader's Den with the DVD I have of Oakland etc.. I should have it in a few hours :-)

Hopefully it will work.

Apparently I have the 24th, and this DVD has a partial of the 25th as well.

J

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home