This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here
Re: POST : Ultra Rare Trax Special Edition (4 Tracks Only)
Date: August 11, 2010 17:31
Nice, but I'm sorry to dissappoint you: The CD you created has nothing to do with the Rolling Stones! Don't believe the nonsense that's written on the original CDs!
1) The sources for Loving Sacred Loving and Shades Of Orange are totally wrong. This is not the Rolling Stones but the band "The End", produced by Bill Wyman. Well I thought you hear that it's not Mick singing...
670904A 4th and/or 8th September: THE END. London, Olympic Sound Studios.
Producer: BW. Sound engineer: Glyn Johns.
- Loving Sacred Loving I (BW/Peter Gosling) -John Horton on sax,
Nicky Hopkins on harpsichord; 7“ version
Line-up: Colin Giffin (gtr, voc)/Dave Brown (bass, voc)/Nicky Graham
(org, voc)/Hugh Attwooll (dr)/Terry Taylor (gtr)
671108A 8th November: THE END. London, unidentified studio. Producer: BW.
- Shades Of Orange I (BW/Peter Gosling) -7“-version
- Shades Of Orange II (BW/Peter Gosling) -alternate mix
Line-up: CW (tabla)/Colin Giffin (gtr, voc)/Dave Brown (bass, voc)/
Nicky Graham (org, voc)/Hugh Attwooll (dr)/John Horton (sax)
Note: The alternate mix of Shades Of Orange wasn’t released before late 1996.
2) The two other songs are fakes. An unknown amateur guitar player tries to sound like Keith Richards, but he fails! These tracks were on a vinyl single titled "Down In The Farm" which was credited to Keith but of course it isn't him! There was even more of this terrible tootling released on vinyl.
So, I'm again sorry to say that this CD is totally superfluous!
Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-11 17:47 by midnrambler.