Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Technical question ?
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 15, 2010 23:06

Any help appreciated.... I just tried to burn a DVD, Keith Richards, Buenos Aires 5.11.1992. I got the following message;

File reallocation failed: DVD specification violation detected.....

I tried using both DVD-R and DVD+R...neither worked....

It doesn't say anything about it needing a dual layer or anything like that. I was hoping someone has come across this problem and can help me solve it....Although I've also recently had a problem with The Palais Royale 2002 DVD other burns have been O.K. Any suggestions,,,Thanks of course in advance, EddieByword

This is the link to the download:
I used the Megaupload link.

[www.iorr.org]

I just tried another one....East Rutherford 16.10.1997.(Gigasize)..This time;

File reallocation failed. File size not a multiple of a logical block size ( 2KB )

Anyone speak Swahili ? Anybody know what this stuff means ? Thanks if someone knows anything and can help........EddieByword

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-16 04:08 by EddieByword.

Re: Technical question ?
Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: December 16, 2010 08:32

Hi EddieByword,

I have come accross this issue with burning dvds with Nero and most of the time ignoring this and going ahead with the burning will still work fine.

However if you wish to be sure and not waste dvd discs then try it with a rrewriteable dvd disc such as DVD RW where if not successfully you can always erase disc and re-use it.

If all is successfully with the DVD RW then u know it's safe and ok to use a regular DVD R disc.

I hope this helps.

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: December 16, 2010 13:32

Hi,for what its worth always burn dvd"s at X4 speed,theres less chance of failure.Slainte

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 16, 2010 13:46

Cheers,The Don & Pike Bishop... I did as you suggested The Don and carried on with the burn..I got a 'burn completed successfully with warnings' message. I'll have a look later and see if it's watchable or not...Re. X4 Pike Bishop...yes, I always do burn on the slowest speed...thanks for that anyway, cheers, EddieByword

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home