Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Technical Question - DVD without .ifo / .bup
Posted by: maradona ()
Date: December 1, 2010 18:49

Hi guys!

As you may know there is one youtube-user called "chriss999" who posted a lot of DVDs track by track. I downloaded all the files from the Barcelona 1990 DVD (I couldn't find it somewhere else...) and converted them into .vob-files. For burning the onto a DVD-R I think I need the .ifo and .bup files, too. But how to get them? Or are there other possibilities?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Diego

Re: Technical Question - DVD without .ifo / .bup
Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: December 1, 2010 19:12

You need to re-author the clips you have and that will create the IFO and BUP files.

Date: December 1, 2010 22:29

How can I re-author them?

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: December 2, 2010 12:44

With Nero re-encode or this:

[www.dvdstyler.org]

or this:

[www.dvdflick.net]

Bear in mind, that if you downloaded the clips from the YouTube, the quality won't be very good when you play them at full screen.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: December 2, 2010 15:27

I re-author the files by right clicking. And simpley write in
the relevant files name. If you search Urban SteelĀ“s DVD page,
he gives instructions about this. Good luck.

Date: December 2, 2010 19:15

strettonbull
With Nero re-encode or this:

[www.dvdstyler.org]

or this:

[www.dvdflick.net]

Bear in mind, that if you downloaded the clips from the YouTube, the quality won't be very good when you play them at full screen.

I'll try it with "ifoedit" first and if it doesn't work I will try your sites.

The quality is not very good, of course. But it's better than the most youtube-clips even if I convert them into 4:3 and 1280x720.

I'm very curious if it works and if not, would it be possible for someone to re-post the DVD as UrbanSteel has too much trouble with GigaSize?

BtW: Does anybody know that "chriss999" from youtube? He seems to be a real fan as he posted so many DVDs what means a lot of work for us other fans.

Date: December 2, 2010 20:55

I got it!!!! With ifo-edit and vob-edit I could install the .ifo and .bup files and now I can burn it on a DVD. Very easy and you can do it with every youtube-clips!

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: December 2, 2010 22:30

Hey Maradona,

You say that you did it with ifo-edit and vob-edit and that it is easy. I too find it easy however i noticed that sometimes Nero will give a problem for not burning it or a warning.

Hve you tried burning a dvd after using ifo-edit or bov-edit?

Date: December 2, 2010 22:36

THE DON
Hey Maradona,

You say that you did it with ifo-edit and vob-edit and that it is easy. I too find it easy however i noticed that sometimes Nero will give a problem for not burning it or a warning.

Hve you tried burning a dvd after using ifo-edit or bov-edit?

Yes I did it. But not with Nero, I have CD BurnerXP (it is also running on Win7). It worked perfectly, the only "problem" is that you have no chapter selections, you need to hold the "forward"-button to jump. All in all it's a cool possibility and the picture quality is ok as I mentioned before.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home