Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1969 Oakland 2nd - new source
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: September 6, 2010 20:13

found this new source of Oakland on dime.

[www.dimeadozen.org]

and compared with the Liver from Tarantura, which claims to be completed with the exact intro of UMT and the right JJF.

Nevertheless, the intro of UMT in this new source is different.
The one on Tarantura is very similar (maybe identical ?) to San Diego.

Possible explanation: Tarantura has mixed the intro of UMT San Diego while the correct intro is on this new source (including the spoken words after I'm free).

Can somebody help to clarify?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-06 20:14 by straycat58.

Re: 1969 Oakland 2nd - new source
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: September 6, 2010 21:13

The Tarantula release( despite their claims in the artwork) copied their Oakland second show from Sister Morphine/Turd On The Run 'Original Master" release. The repairs were done by Cool Hand. If you notice the vocal drop out later in JJF is repaired by using a line from an earlier verse in the song. And yes, the repair to UMT is as you mentioned. Before the SM haters jump on me, I'm not going out of my way to defend the label-just stating a fact as their version was released much earlier than Tarantula's (and I find it highly unlikely that two labels would repair the recording in PRECISELY the same manner!) As far as this new one you are talking about I havent heard it so cant say anything there.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 6, 2010 21:21

"The Tarantula release( despite their claims in the artwork) copied their Oakland second show from Sister Morphine"

Now I understand why this TR cd was unanimously bombed when it was torrented... ("sounds like sh!t" "way too processed" etc etc)

Posted by: marko ()
Date: September 6, 2010 21:40

Good,i never downloaded that one.

Date: September 6, 2010 21:52

If interested, this is titled "Even more liver than you'll ever be" and it's same as the Tarantura.

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-06 21:55 by straycat58.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: September 7, 2010 08:24

A couple months ago a new Japan 2 cdr set came out called The Complete Liver Than You'll Ever Be (Dasuye NHK) featuring both Oakland 69 concerts in best ever sound. Even the first one has JJF with no volume adjustment and I believe it this that has the new sources.

Date: September 7, 2010 11:00

Ciao Riccardo,

did you compare the intro of Under my thumb?

is the Tarantura version or different?

I believe the authentic UMT is the one on this new source.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: September 7, 2010 13:09

straycat58

Possible explanation: Tarantura has mixed the intro of UMT San Diego while the correct intro is on this new source (including the spoken words after I'm free).

Can somebody help to clarify?

That is exactly how it is! The beginning of UMT was unavailable until this new source appeared.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: September 7, 2010 19:08

I compared them and although the latter is better sounding, words are the same as on Tarantula. That means that there is an UMT intro on the first show (..we are sounding like radio) but not on the second show,after I'm Free a few seconds and UMT starts.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: September 7, 2010 19:22

Here are both sources with the gaps filled from the other source each:

[www.hungercity.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1675
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home