Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Post – The Who Philadelphia 4th December 1973
Posted by: Bol ()
Date: May 21, 2010 14:18

Those of us with long memories will remember this as the old vinyl boot ‘Tales From The Who’. This used to be one of only a few soundboard recordings of the Moon era and it was not complete. Soundboard it was but perhaps a bit muddy. That was then, this is now. Believe me this is a significant upgrade with extra tracks and more complete banter between songs. Originally it was a radio broadcast and did not include Punk and the Godfather, 5-15, Love Reign O’er Me or the encore Naked Eye, which they perform after a 7/8 minute ovation. Love Reign O’er Me is still not available so I edited it in for the sake of completeness from the Largo show (also soundboard) from two days later. The beginning of WGFA was missing (it faded in) so I edited in the beginning from Largo but don’t let that put you off.

Every self-respecting Who fan should have this!

Enjoy

CD1 – [www.megaupload.com]

I Can’t Explain / Summertime Blues / My Wife / My Generation / I Am The Sea / The Real Me / Punk and the Godfather / I’m One / 5-15 / Sea and Sand / Drowned

CD2 – [www.megaupload.com]

Bell Boy / Dr. Jimmy / Love Reign O’er Me (6.12.73) / Won’t Get Fooled Again / Pinball Wizard / See Me, Feel Me / Naked Eye

Re: OT Post – The Who Philadelphia 4th December 1973
Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: May 21, 2010 22:03

Thanks I did this to my own version as well, but I used Won't Get Fooled Again from the fan club disc view from a backstage pass that is complete and a subpar audience recording of Philly 73 for Love Reign O'er Me. In any event this is one of my favorite Who shows and the sound is better than some soundboards.

Re: OT Post – The Who Philadelphia 4th December 1973
Posted by: Bol ()
Date: May 22, 2010 12:16

Happy,

I had a quick listen to WGFA from View From A Backstage Pass and they have edited out the second crunching chord at the beginning of the song. On the posted recording it is only the first 10 seconds or so that I have edited in from 6th December.

Have you got the full Largo show from 6th December? If not, do you want me to post it?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home