Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I need help scanning LP covers
Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: March 4, 2010 01:23

Hello everyone!

I just have one question - how do I scan/rezize a LP cover - unless you got a hugh scanner!

kindly Bo eye rolling smiley

Re: I need help scanning LP covers
Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: March 4, 2010 06:08

scan one cover in four parts: the left top corner, then the top right, the bottom left and the bottom right.
make sure your scanner is set to scan at full color, at 100 percent of its original size.
scan at 300dpi ( or at 72 dpi if you plan to only view this art on a computer, media player or web page) and
only "preview" the first scan to get an exposure. if you "preview" each corner you'll end up with slightly different exposures for each corner.
you now have four images that you can stitch together in an photo-editing program.

another option is to photograph the cover with a digital camera.
spread a white towel on a flat surface, like a table, and position an album cover on top of it.
natural light is best to use for photos, so preparing your photo shoot near a large window is preferred.
if that's not possible, the light from a bright white bulb should suffice.
refrain from using a flash, as the colors of the album art could be washed out by glare.
set the resolution of your camera to the highest setting for best image quality.
position your digital camera directly over the album cover art, making sure you are not creating any shadows.
get close enough for the album art to fill as much of the frame of your photograph as possible, and
pay close attention to the focus to ensure clarity.
take several photos of each album cover you would like to capture just in case one or more shots is blurry or obscured by glare.
transfer the album art photos from your camera to your hard drive, then open them up in an photo-editing program.
you can resize the photos, correct colors, adjust focus and
change the resolution of the file to 72 dpi if you would like to display the album art on a computer, media player or web page.

take a look here:
[www.albumcovers.net]

or, last option: go to a copyshop. they got the machines to do a proper work.

Date: March 4, 2010 23:50

Thanx very much for your hints - I,ll try!

kindly regards Bo smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-04 23:57 by hedegaard.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: March 5, 2010 19:44

With a usual A4 scanner you only need 2 scans, not 4.

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: March 5, 2010 22:31

Go to a copycenter and make there a scan to a a4 format, and they printed in a A4 format.
and you can make a scan of your photo copy

Keessie

Date: March 5, 2010 22:43

thanx again guys!

cheers Bo

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 6, 2010 23:16

take a look here:
[www.albumcovers.net]

I just checked out this site but could find one cover, a lot of POP UPS broken links etc..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: March 7, 2010 00:06

NICOS
take a look here:
[www.albumcovers.net]

I just checked out this site but could find one cover, a lot of POP UPS broken links etc..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes I,ve noticed that - but also a message "under construction"

cheers Bo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1247
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home