Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Midnight ramblers Essen 70
Posted by: davethedaver ()
Date: December 20, 2009 04:06

The Rolling stones - Midnight ramblers
Live in Essen, Grugahalle,
October 7th, 1970

Jumping Jack Flash
Roll Over Beethoven
Sympathy For The Devil
Stray Cat Blues
Love In Vain
Dead Flowers
Midnight Rambler
Live With Me
Let It Rock
Little Queenie
Brown Sugar

[rapidshare.com]
[rapidshare.com]
[rapidshare.com]
[rapidshare.com]
[rapidshare.com]
[rapidshare.com]
[rapidshare.com]
[rapidshare.com]
[rapidshare.com]
[rapidshare.com]
[rapidshare.com]

No artworks, another time.

Re: Midnight ramblers Essen 70
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 20, 2009 17:58

The Rolling Stones
Midnight ramblers
Live in Essen, Grugahalle
October 7th, 1970
(11 songs)
(wpocm (stereo) cd:1090D057-2)

Imho this is far from being the best possible version of this show...

Date: December 20, 2009 20:13

Nevermind. I have bought this bootleg in 1997 something like that. I don't know many shows in 70, but this is a good one. If you have a better sound, it is quite good.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: December 20, 2009 20:51

Many thanks for uploading this!

dcba
The Rolling Stones
Midnight ramblers
October 7th, 1970
(11 songs)

Better than "2 Albums Cheap" & "Ice Cream In The Foyer"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-20 21:00 by Smokey.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 20, 2009 21:31

Smokey
Many thanks for uploading this!

dcba
The Rolling Stones
Midnight ramblers
October 7th, 1970
(11 songs)

Better than "2 Albums Cheap" & "Ice Cream In The Foyer"?

"far from being"....that means "not" - and I agree, it's one of the poorest Essen 1970 bootlegs

Date: December 20, 2009 22:27

The most important I want to say is the show is not bad. I have bought a lot of bootlegs between 1995 and 2000. I had several shows from 69, 71, 72 and 73, but only this one from 70. At that time, I didn't know Paris, Berlin, Malmoe, Helsinki, Frankfurt, Milan for 70. Today, I don't know if we can find more shows from 70. Just a little bit. I have known 73 shows in Germany and Copenhagen with bad sounds. But this one I can listen to it without problems.
For the bootleg, it is the only one I have, but if I find a better one, I will buy it. It would be interested to have some comparisons between bootlegs. The technology of cds is better today and the sellers try to propose better quality than for the first period of cd bootlegs, I think. Morevoer, they copy the best bootleg of a show and the best one replace the poorest ones. Of course, we can find better bootlegs. I use this site because I need informations to find other golden bootlegs or shows, not only for exchange.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: December 20, 2009 22:52

For a few more shows from 1970 please look here:

[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]

UrbanSteel's upload in Flac

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-20 22:58 by Rank Stranger.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: December 20, 2009 22:59

"Slowy Rocking On" from VGP is better than this old italian boot.

Date: December 21, 2009 01:21

I know the uploads of Urban Steel. I record ten gigasize by day. Now, I have all his outtakes, all his live from the beginning to 1973, all his lives from 89 and 90, all his lives from 78, all his Keith Richards, his Diddley and Wood. I have downloaded the same lives periods with Kessie and also all the New barbarians. I have downloaded the essential of Ludwigxxxx, Rolledgold and some others Vancouver, Jumpinjeppeflash, etc. Sometimes, I have the cd, but I download despite of that.
Sorry, but, for me, Paris and Berlin are not enough. Thanks for Slowly rockin' on. I have already seen this boot on a list some weeks before and I try to have it. I have Frankfurt 70 too. I only know Paris, Berlin, Malmoe and Helsinki thanks to this site.
Sometimes, my friends listen my bootlegs. Some of them are not interested by the sound of lives bootlegs. They can listen Essen 70, but not Copenhagen 73 (the well known Grateful grateful Copenhagen) or some german lives from 73 (I don't remember because I talk about cds which are not those of a real friend of mine). Some of them are interested by lives bootlegs, but they don't like when the cd is impossible to listen. They can listen my Essen 70.
Now, you can upload a best one. No problem.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: December 21, 2009 15:45

now the BEST sounding for Essen 1970 is an old green-coloured (I think) LP called Live in Europe 1970.
Does anyone have this? Can it be transferred?

thanks

Date: December 21, 2009 21:32

Basically speaking I have two different vinyls from this show;
a double album on ROLL/ROPE records on very heavy black vinyl and
"European Tour - Recorded in Deutschland" on TMOQ on black vinyl.
I have two copies of the TMOQ boot, because one has a heavy scratch on side one, while the other has a scratch on side two!
Both lps have the same matrix, but one has a white jacket with an orange/yellow inlay,
the other has a blue jacket and a pink inlay.
According to my notes, the TMOQ boot runs too fast!

Date: December 21, 2009 21:39

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: December 21, 2009 23:46

Well in many cases the vinyl source simply sounds better because it's lower lineage and or a more pure audio signal. Many CD bootleggers spoiled the tape or vinylsource they used with the over-application of denoise filters. So the Essen vinylrip could be an upgrade.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: December 22, 2009 06:20

YES - I agree.
Correction on the title of the LP I once listened to, it was similar to Rank's version, simply called "European Tour 1970", green vinyl.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 22, 2009 11:34

I do not own vinyl bootlegs of Essen 1970 - but the Rubber Dubber ( "Two Great Albums Cheap" ) is better than TMOQ. Rubber Dubber had the master tape.
The best CD version is VGPs "Two Great Albums Cheap"....VGP did some great EQ work on it, IMO

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: December 23, 2009 07:06

Erik_Snow
I do not own vinyl bootlegs of Essen 1970 - but the Rubber Dubber ( "Two Great Albums Cheap" ) is better than TMOQ. Rubber Dubber had the master tape.
The best CD version is VGPs "Two Great Albums Cheap"....VGP did some great EQ work on it, IMO

Many thanks for this info, Erik.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1658
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home