Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

FLAC files
Posted by: Gocol ()
Date: October 14, 2009 21:26

Could anybody tell me how to burn FLAC files to CD ? I've tried converting them to MP3 but Windows Media Player still doesn't recognise them . I can't even find anyway of playing them .

I know a lot of people rave about FLAC on this forum but to me they seem totally useless as there's no way of getting to listen to them !

Can anyone help me out please ?

Re: FLAC files
Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: October 14, 2009 21:46

Try MediaMonkey. Freeware and easy to use.it converts flac, mp3 and the other stuff to cd.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 14, 2009 22:06

Roxio will burn the flac files straight to disc that you can play. foobar2000 will play flac files or/and convert them to wav or mp3.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 14, 2009 22:19

I use Nero Startsmart with this plugin:
[www.bitburners.com]

works great everytime

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: October 14, 2009 22:56

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: October 14, 2009 23:43

strettonbull
or this: [www.foobar2000.org]

I totally agree with this. Foobar2000 is (for me) the best, quickest and easiest way to convert files from flac to wave (best) or mp3.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 15, 2009 00:09

Yeah, i think one of you guys may have been the one that turned me on to foobar2000 a long time back!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 15, 2009 00:14

The Nero I'm referring to burns FLAC directly to playable CD.
I thought that was the question.

I haven't used foobar.
Does it burn FLAC directly to playable CD?

I will have to check it out to.

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: October 15, 2009 00:19

Foobar is only able to play and convert files. There is no recording option. I use Nero to burn the files.

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: October 15, 2009 00:32

Yyou can keep this files on FLAC, they are as if you have the original files, with no lossless sound (see [en.wikipedia.org] ), but if you still want MP3 then you can download a free software (wich is very easy to use) called Swith and converted to MP3 at any bitrate, take a look: [www.nch.com.au]

Otherwise you can convert FLAC files into WAV, then you can burn it on CD wihout loss of quality and without usual gaps between live songs (as it happen when you burn MP3).

Cheers,

Martín

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-15 03:26 by Argentino.

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: October 15, 2009 01:28

strettonbull
or this: [www.foobar2000.org]

For me foobar2000 is the easiest way to convert flac to wav files for burning a CD.
And of course foobar 2000 is a great audio player.

But for converting flac to wav files for burning a CD I only use the old foobar2000 v0.8.3 (this version is from 2004)
because this version doesn't ignore any faults in flac files.
My experience is that the newer versions (foobar2000 v9.x.x) ignore some faults by converting.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: October 15, 2009 11:32

[cdburnerxp.se] will burn flac to cd without needing to convert to another format

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home