Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Are original pressings of Voodoo Brew / Stew worth money?
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 1, 2009 23:22

meaning the orginal cds, w/ orig box, artwork, & booklets that came with them? Does anyone have a ballpark idea of what these go for? Either separately or together?

Thanks!

Re: Are original pressings of Voodoo Brew / Stew worth money?
Posted by: MrsHop ()
Date: September 1, 2009 23:57

It very much depends if they're still playable or not. Many pressings now suffer from 'cd-rot'- whereby the discs oxidise (it gives the playing side a 'brassy' kind of colour). BUT, don't panic! :-)- it didn't affect all copies & my boxes are (luckily) unaffected.
They used to sell on Ebay for approx: 50/60 UK pounds per box. But, now Ebay have clamped down big time on the sale of boots, it's hard to say what they're worth- as it's so difficult to find a way of actually advertising them!.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: September 2, 2009 00:13

It may also depend on the version you get, both were repressed several times:

Voodoo Brew
4 CD

Version 1
Vigotone 147-150
11" box package with 4 usual CD boxes and a 10" booklet inside. Coloured labels.

Version 2
Vigotone 147-150
5" cardboard package around the 4 usual CD boxes, yellow on top and bottom. Same booklet now in 5" size. Labels in different colors.

Version 3
Vigotone 147-150
Same as 2nd version but cardboard now red on top and bottom. Labels in original colors.

Version 4
Vigotone 147-150
Copy of the 1st version with its original artwork.

Version 5
Vigotone 147-150
12" box package (bigger than the original box) with a plastic tray holding the 4 CD boxes. Reprint of booklet in original size.

Voodoo Stew
4 CD

Version 1
Vigotone 152-155
11" box package with 4 usual CD boxes and a 10" booklet inside. Coloured labels.

Version 2
Vigotone 147-150
Copy of the 1st version with its original artwork. No print on the inner sides of the front and back inlays of the inner CD boxes.

Version 3
Vigotone 147-150
12" box package (bigger than the original box) with a plastic tray holding the 4 CD boxes. Reprint of booklet in original size.

Posted by: ChrisG ()
Date: September 3, 2009 00:35

I paid $100.00 for Voodoo Brew 1st edition about seven or eight years ago. It had the original plastic with advert sticker on it. "Over 5 hours of playing time!" A little cd "rot" here and there, but I cleaned it off. I think I will go back and listen to it again.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 3, 2009 01:41

I paid 120 dollars for Voodoo Brew in 1996-1998 in a store, in a nearby city - didn't have any money left for the boat-ride home, afterwards.

If somebody would like to buy original (not CDRs) of Voodoo Brew or Voodoo Residue - please let me know. My email is not hidden. No joke-offers please. MINT condition.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 3, 2009 02:03

I have the original vigitone copies of brew, stew and residue in the cardboard album size boxes, residue is of course the original mini version 2cd

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 4, 2009 19:20

thanks for the info, guys! i bought both for a total of $200 a long time ago and I was thinking of ebaying them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2256
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home