Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Cotton Bowl Dallas Tx. 7-6-75
Posted by: MTWEMISSYOU ()
Date: March 2, 2009 06:17

Well as promised here is my Dallas Cotton Bowl 75 film that I said that I would share with you. I have never shared this before as I have the original master footage, so this is very rare and new to every collector. I hope you will enjoy it. My friend filmed it and lent the footage to me so I could transfer it over to video back in the early eighties. He had lost the film only months later so I am glad that I was able to capture it before it came up missing.

It is color and silent but I added the Ft. Collins '75 show as the audio soundtrack. On the same reel was Led Zeppelin's show in Ft. Worth on March 3rd 1975 so I added that as well, with audio added from the '75 Long Beach show.
Altogether the Stones footage is over 11 min. while Zeppelin's is over 6 min. long.
So I feel that it's only right to share it with fans like myself. I must thank my friend Andy for filming it and letting me borrow it back then and also to my dear friend Brian for up-loading this for me so I can get it to you guys.
And also thanks to all of you that have posted neat stuff here that I had downloaded over the years ( you know who you are). You got me rocking!
Oh and I have to add one other thing, MICK TAYLOR WE MISS YOU! He brought out the best in the Stones, as the Stones brought out in Mick. Those were the days.

Here it is: [www.megaupload.com]
560 MB file size, in the NTSC DVD format, ready to burn once it is unzipped…

Cheers and Peace,
MTWEMISSYOU

Re: Cotton Bowl Dallas Tx. 7-6-75
Posted by: jigsawp ()
Date: March 2, 2009 11:17

Thanks a lot for that stuff!!Great to see vintage recordings!

Posted by: Wolfgang ()
Date: March 2, 2009 11:25

MANY thanks for this one !!!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 2, 2009 11:36

Hey MTWEMISSYOU, I remember your mention of this video some months ago; and it's real cool that you decided to share it here....very generous; Thanks a lot man - can't wait to have a look at this!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-02 11:54 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: March 2, 2009 12:08

Fantastic! Many thanks for sharing. These daylight shows look kinda surreal.

Now all we need is some COTTON BOWL AUDIO!

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: March 2, 2009 15:20

Tks; great footage.

Posted by: gagi ()
Date: March 2, 2009 16:38

Thanks man!

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: March 2, 2009 17:52

Interesting footage,thanks

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: March 3, 2009 00:17

Tornandfrayed
Fantastic! Many thanks for sharing. These daylight shows look kinda surreal.

As I recall, most of the Stones' set was after dark. I think they came on shortly before sundown, and it was effectively dark (lights working, etc) within maybe 4-5 songs.. Of course, my memory is ...suspect.

I don't have a working DVD burner, but this is an incredibly kind post of very rare footage.

Thank you, MTWEMISSYOU

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: March 3, 2009 00:51

Oh my!!!

Date: March 3, 2009 02:10

Your welcome everyone. It is my pleasure to turn people on to what I am turned on to. And what good is it if you can't share it right? Now I know why I'm not married. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
The Stones and Zeppelin are my all time favorites to collect ( besides Johnny Winter) so I have to let out somehow.

I made it easier to view and save by seperating them. So here are the individual links to each segment:
7-6-1975 The Rolling Stones Dallas video (23.45 Mcool smiley:
[www.megaupload.com]
3-3-1975 Led Zeppelin Fort Worth video (12.24 Mcool smiley
[www.megaupload.com]

Rock on everybody!
smileys with beer

MTWEMISSYOU

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: March 3, 2009 02:26

Thanks for this as I was there at Dallas 75 and didnt have ANYTHING to "Deja Vu" with!! I'm from Beaumont originally and also LOVE the lightning fingered Johnny Winter. The only one I ever saw live that could keep up with him as far as speed was Alvin Lee(Ten Years After).

Date: March 3, 2009 03:01

scottkeef
Thanks for this as I was there at Dallas 75 and didnt have ANYTHING to "Deja Vu" with!! I'm from Beaumont originally and also LOVE the lightning fingered Johnny Winter. The only one I ever saw live that could keep up with him as far as speed was Alvin Lee(Ten Years After).

Cool Scottkeef! I wish I could of made this show! I was only 13 at the time and didn't have a ride but I remember the news reports on T.V. It was hot that day I know. I am in Ft. Worth.

As for Johnny Winter he is the one that turned me into a Stones fanatic! I saw him on Don Kirshner in 73 and was humming JJFlash all the next day. Didn't know the song title but a friend told me that it was a Stones song so I went to K-Mart and bought my first Stones album-" Get yer ya ya's out" and I have never been the same since. That album is STILL my all-time favorite! Thanks to Johnny!

I am a total Mick Taylor fanatic as well as you can guess by my pen name.
I met Mick Taylor in Dallas when he played at the BLUE CAT BLUES club in 2000.
I made a video copy for him of the back stage MSG '69 footage with him and Jimi Hendrix that I had at the time, and he was blown away by it! He told me that he had only seen the still photos but not the film and was very thankful. That was one of the high lights of my life! Turning Mick onto something that he never saw but always wanted. I lost sleep on that one! Too bad I can't hook em' up with the ugrade that has recently surfaced. Oh well I'm sure he has it by now.
One of my priced collections is he's autographed " Trident Mixes" album that he signed. Too bad he signed it over his face though..oh well you can't always get what you want.

cheers to you
smileys with beer

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: March 3, 2009 03:14

Thanks for sharing this. I know there is some other silent Dallas footage out there too -- not very long, but might make a fun edit with this together.

J

Date: March 3, 2009 03:38

MTWEMISSYOU, I didnt get to make the Dallas MT show but a friend taped it and I have it on cdr if you dont have a copy. I also have a prized possession of a MT signed copy of LURCH label "LIVER" album a friend gave me that saw him in DC years ago. He said he was very shy and didnt mind bootlegs at all! Email me if you want to get together on some things(I have a few Winter dvds-I think I have the Don Kirshner one or maybe its the Midnight special performance)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-03 16:31 by scottkeef.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: March 3, 2009 04:25

Thanks very much for sharing this gem, MTWEMISSYOU

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: March 3, 2009 07:52

many thanks for this

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: March 3, 2009 11:24

Thank you very much!

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: March 3, 2009 11:58

Thanks!

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: March 5, 2009 16:18

MTWEMISSYOU
Well as promised here is my Dallas Cotton Bowl 75 film that I said that I would share with you. I have never shared this before as I have the original master footage, so this is very rare and new to every collector.

Thanks again for uploading this. Turns out I have had this footage on VHS since March of 1992 - including the beginning of the Zeppelin footage as well (it was cut because I only requested the Stones' portion in the trade).

So I guess you have shared it before?

J

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: March 5, 2009 17:21

Many thanks for this!

MTWEMISSYOU
560 MB file size, in the NTSC DVD format, ready to burn once it is unzipped…
Cheers and Peace,
MTWEMISSYOU

MTWEMISSYOU
I made it easier to view and save by seperating them. So here are the individual links to each segment:
7-6-1975 The Rolling Stones Dallas video (23.45 Mcool smiley:
3-3-1975 Led Zeppelin Fort Worth video (12.24 Mcool smiley
MTWEMISSYOU

I am curious how separating the files results in 515 fewer MBs.

Also, which version of Ft. Collins did you use?

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: March 5, 2009 17:49

It's like a moving daguerreotype but I love it. Thanks for sharing this gem!

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Date: March 6, 2009 02:31

JMARKO
MTWEMISSYOU
Well as promised here is my Dallas Cotton Bowl 75 film that I said that I would share with you. I have never shared this before as I have the original master footage, so this is very rare and new to every collector.

Thanks again for uploading this. Turns out I have had this footage on VHS since March of 1992 - including the beginning of the Zeppelin footage as well (it was cut because I only requested the Stones' portion in the trade).

So I guess you have shared it before?

J

No I have never shared the Cotton Bowl Stones segment before. But the Zeppelin segment I made possibly 2 to 3 trades. They only wanted the Zep and if my memory serves me correctly that is all I sent, and that was long ago and copied on VHS.
However after Andy ( my friend that filmed this) had lost his film he had asked me for a copy from my video master that I had transfered from his original 8MM film to VHS. It has to be that you had got this copy from someone that had got it from Andy. One thing I do know is that Andy is an avid Zep collector, and maybe he traded it off to someone I don't know. But I will ask to find out as I am curious as well.
One of the reasons that I have never traded it or kept it from circulating is because I have always hoped that he would find the original film. Not the case. Believe me it is lost. Andy is a great friend and would of told me.
So what I did is slow the speed down and add the Ft. Collins audio. This was done by copying it on DVD and then re-recording it with audio.
But no matter who you got it from, I have the master and it came from me. I am just glad that I had it transferred when I did or none of us would have this now.
I think it's great that you have a copy. But your copy is no telling how many generations. Or it may be that I was stoned at the time and don't remember who I had given it to. But one thing I do know is that it needs to be circulated and enjoyed by everyone as it was not known as being available by many fans. And what better way to circulate it but by the one who has the original master.
So here it is.

Date: March 8, 2009 01:07

I couldn't download file once it was complete. Do I need Real Player?

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 8, 2009 02:22

how many minutes is the download?

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: March 8, 2009 03:16

Guys, I think it's about 11-12 minutes and it plays on my windows media player...a .wma file, I think...

Date: March 8, 2009 16:38

Thats how I watch it- I'm just too dumb to figure out how to burn it to a dvd!

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: March 8, 2009 19:00

scottkeef
Thats how I watch it- I'm just too dumb to figure out how to burn it to a dvd!

[www.dvdflick.net] is a good,free,easy to use dvd burner.Might be worth checking out

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: March 8, 2009 19:14

thanks

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 8, 2009 20:21

dont understand , i have cable internet and this download is 58 min, something is wrong here

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1517
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home