Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST AUD ; The Killer Festival 12-06-1969 VGP-113 , FLAC-Zip Files GigaSize
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: January 23, 2009 11:06

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 21:19 by UrbanSteel.

Re: POST AUD ; The Killer Festival 12-06-1969 VGP-113 , FLAC-Zip Files GigaSize
Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: January 23, 2009 14:05

Many thanks for this - just had various 'bits' previously

Cheers

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 23, 2009 22:56

Thanks for putting it up,Jos!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 29, 2009 02:16

Fantastic! Never had the opportunity to get this one, so big thx to you Urbansteel cos :
- most torrent sites won't allow the complete show to be posted because of the several officially-released songs
-you've already posted this CD in mp3 so this is simply HEROIC ;-)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-29 02:19 by dcba.

Posted by: dph ()
Date: February 8, 2009 05:12

A better and more complete is up at The Traders Den for those interested. Description follows:

This torrent contains no officially released material. It's an audience recording of a show which was also professionally recorded and released in the movie "Gimme shelter." This is a more complete version of what I seeded at Dime 2 days ago. If anyone has that material and wants to help seed, please do so.

Lineage: AUD -> ? -> cassette -> PC (Audiophile 2496 sound card) -> slight EQ, editing, and pitch correction (Adobe Audition) -> CD Wave (track splitting, FLAC conversion) -> foobar2000 (tagging) -> you

This is an audience recording of The Rolling Stones' notorious free concert at the Altamont Speedway in Livermore, CA, December 6, 1969. Its source is an XLII-S cassette. This recording has been used on other bootlegs but this version is a little better and more complete. It includes the very end of Brown Sugar and the lengthy introduction to Midnight Rambler missing from most versions. It was apparently recorded by two guys working together. They are visible quite a bit in the "Gimme Shelter" movie; by Under My Thumb the tapers are in the very front. The tape recorder is visible on top of one of the big monitor speakers in several occasions; photos are included.

For those of you unfamiliar with the recording, it's generally pretty good. Drums are mostly inaudible but sometimes they're pretty clear. Everything else is very clear but muffled during the scuffles. Plus more profanity from the tapers and crowd than any other tape I can think of, by far. This is the only known performance of this era of The Sun is Shining by Jimmy Reed, and also the first performance of Brown Sugar, written and recorded just days earlier in Muscle Shoals, AL. After a quick refresher, they nail it.

I've gone through a couple different versions of cassette recordings of this concert. This is the latest and greatest. Unfortunately, all of them are in apparently "electronically reprocessed" stereo, except for the very end of Brown Sugar. I have left the fake stereo as-is. If anyone has a true mono recording I would love to hear it. As with the other cassettes, this one has also been equalized at some point in the copying process. This one sounded different on Side A and Side B, so I have tried to re-EQ Side B to match.

Historical note: As documented by the Maysles brothers in "Gimme Shelter," the concert was hastily and poorly organized. The San Francisco Hell's Angels were much tougher than the English ones previously used for security at Hyde Park five months earlier. The Maysles included some of the worst footage in their film but this recording shows that they changed the order of some events. For example, Meredith Hunter was fatally stabbed between two versions of "Under My Thumb." The film shows him stabbed right after the second version when in fact the Stones immediately launched into the first ever performance of "Brown Sugar."

Presented in FLAC 1.2.1. Includes cue sheets for playing or burning, and VGP art which is usable though off by one track.

01. Jumping Jack Flash
02. Carol
03. Sympathy For The Devil 1
04. Sympathy For The Devil 2
05. The Sun Is Shining
06. Stray Cat Blues
07. Love In Vain
08. Under My Thumb 1
09. Under My Thumb 2
10. Brown Sugar (complete)
11. intro
12. Midnight Rambler
13. Live With Me
14. Gimme Shelter
15. Little Queenie
16. Satisfaction
17. Honky Tonk Women
18. Street Fighting Man

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: February 8, 2009 17:30

I've gone through a couple different versions of cassette recordings of this concert

so ??? there is more than one source `?????

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 14, 2009 13:52

Hi Urban,

I downloaded the files but can't seem to convert them to MP3 files which is what I use on my iTunes. What am I doing wrong? I am using a 4Musics Flac to MP3 convertor.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 14, 2009 13:52

Hi Urban,

I downloaded the files but can't seem to convert them to MP3 files which is what I use on my iTunes. What am I doing wrong? I am using a 4Musics Flac to MP3 converter.

Date: February 14, 2009 14:11

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 21:19 by UrbanSteel.

Date: May 19, 2009 15:44

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 21:19 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 20, 2009 22:15

Thanks Jos!
Will be interesting to compare the VGP version with this tape
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1440
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home