Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: The Rolling Stones - [1971] - The Lost Marquee Tapes
Posted by: abbiatti ()
Date: February 13, 2009 17:03

The Rolling Stones - [1971] - The Lost Marquee Tapes

ROLLING STONES
LOST MARQUEE TAPES 1971, THE

London, UK 3/26/71, Marquee Club
London, UK 3/14/71, Chalk Farm Roundhouse-2nd show *
8m/7.5m* - AUDTV

CD-1
LIVE WITH ME
DEAD FLOWERS
I GOT THE BLUES [take one]
I GOT THE BLUES [false start]
I GOT THE BLUES [take two]
LET IT ROCK
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
SATISFACTION
BITCH [false start]
BITCH [take one]
BROWN SUGAR
BITCH [take two]
BITCH [rehearsals]
BROWN SUGAR [rehearsals]

CD-2
JUMPIN' JACK FLASH *
LIVE WITH ME *
DEAD FLOWERS *
STRAY CAT BLUES *
LOVE IN VAIN *
PRODIGAL SON *
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER *
BITCH *
Band introduction *
HONKY TONK WOMEN *
SATISFACTION *

TV broadcast with pretty bad sound for a professional recording. Fine performance with the only live version of "I Got the Blues."
Available on several LPs but the CD listed above is best. The performance was touched up in the studio, the original version has recently surfaced on 2 different CDs. The better one is the Japanese "The Lost Marquee Tapes 1971."

Disc 1 contains the recordings from London March 26, 1971. Exc. mono soundboard quality, unmixed source, no additional audience overdubs. Incl. the 2nd versions of I Got The Blues and Bitch. Plus the dress rehearsals of Brown Sugar and Bitch. Disc 2 is a copy of the bootleg LP London Roundhouse (TMQ 71029), incl. crackles and Prodigal Son.

+ BONUS from "The Lost Marquee Tapes 1971" (1 CD - VGP 030)

(five tracks from London Roundhouse March 14, 1971)

Contains the recordings from London March 26, 1971. Exc. mono soundboard quality, unmixed source, no additional audience overdubs. Incl. the 2nd versions of I Got The Blues and Bitch. Parts of these recordings were later remixed and added with audience overdubs for the broadcast. Plus five tracks from London Roundhouse March 14, 1971. Very good audience quality, taken from tape. See also the 2 CD edition.

Host: megaupload
Format: mp3
Bitrate: 256kbps
Size: 242.84 MB
Tapas grandes incuidas en el .rar

Pass: fabbiatti

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4WUH34EQ

Re: POST: The Rolling Stones - [1971] - The Lost Marquee Tapes
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 13, 2009 17:18

Its still great even though(as you say) the mix is awful for 1971 TV! This was the only live rendention of "I Got The Blues" until the 1999 Tour with many fine recordings of the song,one of the best being on the "Sheperds Bush" performance.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: February 13, 2009 22:42

Are there available versions of these songs with the overdubs?

Date: February 14, 2009 02:27

There was actually two shows shot-one with hardly no aud(some invited people are there) and one with the aud. The bcasted version used some performance footage along with the live aud footage. At least thats what I've been led to believe. Theres also a couple of songs(Brown Sugar and Bitch) available in b/w that has the sound mixed correctly. Its not on the dvd I have but I have it on an old VHS copy of the show.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 14, 2009 02:38

[www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: February 14, 2009 04:31

<<This was the only live rendention of "I Got The Blues" until the 1999 Tour with many fine recordings of the song>>

I wouldn't say 'many' - as it was only done a handfull of times on the American leg of NS, and only at the SBE gig on the European leg. Anyway, the SBE rendition is indeed a nice one.

Date: February 14, 2009 04:36

Well, I guess in light of never hardly getting to hear it, more than two is many to me! HA HA!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 14, 2009 04:40

Yeah Sohoe, that's true, it was a highlight of Shepherds Bush Empire, together with Moon Is Up and Melody.
The Marquee 71 performance is somewhat disappointing - but I Got The Blues worked out real fine, I'd say.
I used to love the Marquee 1971 VHS I had, but later on....when getting to hear Chalk Farms Roundhouse and especially Coventry, I realised that Marquee was not up to par with the UK 1971 Tour.......at all. It's obvious that Keith was out of it that night on March 26th....which probably made the whole band feel disillusioned......he showed up way too late for the gig - unshaved and dirty

Date: February 14, 2009 04:42

And dont forget "Brand New Car", a bit rusty but one I wish they would try more often.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 14, 2009 04:49

Oh yes....Brand New Car was also cooking, Scott
It's strange that the band keeps on going on autopilot with the same old warhorses, when there's such an excitement each time they do something different....both among us, and the band. It must be the dollars - and the organisation behind them, which they depend on...and vice versa. Hope they can still pull it off...the next time they do as they please.......

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 14, 2009 06:56

Erik_Snow
Oh yes....Brand New Car was also cooking, Scott
It's strange that the band keeps on going on autopilot with the same old warhorses, when there's such an excitement each time they do something different....both among us, and the band. It must be the dollars - and the organisation behind them, which they depend on...and vice versa. Hope they can still pull it off...the next time they do as they please.......

Don't count on it. They are as set in their ways like stonehenge. I think besides the money, they play within their limitations. By that I mean within what Keith can handle and Mick "wants to" or "feels like" singing. Which for us hardcore listeners, is usually a huge disappointment.

Date: February 14, 2009 21:19

Thats why I like the club and arena recordings the best I suppose. They seem more willing to vary their setlist. And unless they play stadiums only this time I expect more surprises as The Stones ALWAYS vary their set list in the smaller venues. As far as what Keith can handle(if you wann go with that idea) the older songs are much easier to play which suits me fine!

Date: February 14, 2009 21:43

scottkeef
Thats why I like the club and arena recordings the best I suppose. They seem more willing to vary their setlist. And unless they play stadiums only this time I expect more surprises as The Stones ALWAYS vary their set list in the smaller venues. As far as what Keith can handle(if you wann go with that idea) the older songs are much easier to play which suits me fine!

I agree with the club, and especially theatre settings, but the arenas setlist really never changes much either. The biggest disappointment for me was the fact that most rock bands (not all) but most, usually follow a scripted setlist and rarely deviate from that night after night.

The internet has spoiled us all, now that we have have show downloads and setlists within minutes of the conclusion of the gig.

I was listening to a show just recently (audience) and was thinking about people yelling out songs for the band to play and I just thought for a moment, what a waste of time because the band will never play what you want, at least when you want it. If it is a song that is slotted at number 10 on the setlist, that is where it is going to be played. If it is not there too bad for you. Kind of depressing in a way.

Date: February 14, 2009 23:53

After thinking about it I see what you mean about the arena shows but even though the set list didnt change that much the band still seemed to play the more obscure
songs in these venues. But then again to fans like us a song like Cant You Hear Me Knockin or Stray Cat Blues doesnt seem as rare as to the casual fan. Maybe I wouldnt ever be satisfied! LOL

Date: February 15, 2009 00:51

The thing that really sucks is when the band is preparing to tour the inevitable question arise as to which song the "IORR fans" want to hear on the tour. I say song not songs because it has that feel that "maybe" it could happen by popular vote (like the excuse used with "Sway")

Yet in reality they could easily perform 25 or so songs by including many of the early numbers from early years that were 3 minutes or less. McCartney can tour and roll out all kinds of songs from the catalog but the Stones have to play these scripted war horses and a few over-played others. IMO Mick is to fault for this because he sings and I believe he chooses the songs for rehearsal mostly. They also like to give up on songs that don't seem to work out within the first few shows instead of working on them.

Posted by: black limousine ()
Date: February 15, 2009 11:51

A few days ago I downloaded thi show. Thanks a lot for sharing with the stones fans this very nice gem !
Cheers from Italy

Posted by: abbiatti ()
Date: February 16, 2009 13:51

You are all welcome, nice data also can be found in your comments winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1675
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home