Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

An unverified version of JJF
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: December 18, 2008 18:20

I just uploaded a version of JJF on "Tell me Forum" but so far we have not been able to identify it.
Somebody please help us.:

[www.iorr.org]

Re: An unverified version of JJF
Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: December 18, 2008 20:05

i also have a version jjf that has an altervate vocal and is about 16 seconds longer than the released version and was wondering if someone had any info on it

[www.mediafire.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 18, 2008 21:35

ghostryder13
i also have a version jjf that has an altervate vocal and is about 16 seconds longer than the released version and was wondering if someone had any info on it

[www.mediafire.com]

Wow. Thanks for uploading. I've Never heard this version before. Very cool and interesting, sounds like an early vocal take. Didn't know of any circulating (apart for the video version). Where did you find it? Do you also have the file in FLAC format?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-18 21:55 by GuĂ°ni Gunnarsson.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: December 18, 2008 22:39

ghostryder13

[www.mediafire.com]
I believe I have heard this version somewhere before, but I can't remember where. I checked my CDs but couldn't find it at the moment. It would be nice if you could tell us where this version is from. Thanks.
Nico Zentgraf lists 2 promo film versions. Is it possible that this one is one of them? (The other one is the version starting with "Go, yeah, yeah yeah..." )

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-18 22:56 by midnrambler.

Date: December 18, 2008 23:29

midnrambler
ghostryder13

[www.mediafire.com]
I believe I have heard this version somewhere before, but I can't remember where. I checked my CDs but couldn't find it at the moment. It would be nice if you could tell us where this version is from. Thanks.
Nico Zentgraf lists 2 promo film versions. Is it possible that this one is one of them? (The other one is the version starting with "Go, yeah, yeah yeah..." )

That's what I was thinking at first but they usually make the video versions shorter than the studio cuts rather than longer.

Date: December 18, 2008 23:41

see post below!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-19 00:03 by midnrambler.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: December 18, 2008 23:46

ghostryder13

[www.mediafire.com]

this version is the second promo video version from '68 (original backing track, longer ending, live vocals). I think it was released by ABKCO on the bonus DVD of the first Single Collection 1963-1965, some kind dude posted the soundtrack ripped from the DVD here a while ago! the other promo video is better known and has the year yeah yeah intro.

the version posted on Tell Me is from 1978 tour rehearsals. Micks vocal style is exactly 1978, and only in 1978 he sounded like this!

Date: December 18, 2008 23:46

That was fast. Thanks for clearing it out. I guess it was really the only option.

Date: December 19, 2008 00:00

Thank you alimente. I have seen both promo film versions (with and without painted faces) mixed with both audio versions ("Go, yeah yeah yeah" version and this version here). Quite confusing...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-19 00:02 by midnrambler.

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: December 19, 2008 00:46

Alimente, could you please tell me which tracks the bonus DVD of the Singles collection contains? I got some days ago a DVD made by ABKCO which contains 4 songs:

1. Time is on my side
2. Have you seen your mother, baby?
3. Jumping Jack flash (with painted faces and some different vocal parts)
4. Sympathy for the devil : Remix

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: December 19, 2008 02:14

Rolling on
Alimente, could you please tell me which tracks the bonus DVD of the Singles collection contains? I got some days ago a DVD made by ABKCO which contains 4 songs:

1. Time is on my side

That must be the one. Time Is On My Side is live from Ed Sullivan, right?

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: December 19, 2008 07:24

many thanks for clearing that up, i have this on a cdr someone made me awhile back and have been stumped for a couple years now

alimente
ghostryder13

[www.mediafire.com]

this version is the second promo video version from '68 (original backing track, longer ending, live vocals). I think it was released by ABKCO on the bonus DVD of the first Single Collection 1963-1965, some kind dude posted the soundtrack ripped from the DVD here a while ago! the other promo video is better known and has the year yeah yeah intro.

the version posted on Tell Me is from 1978 tour rehearsals. Micks vocal style is exactly 1978, and only in 1978 he sounded like this!

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: December 19, 2008 08:41

alimente
Rolling on

1. Time is on my side

That must be the one. Time Is On My Side is live from Ed Sullivan, right?

Yes, that' s right. Time is on my side is from the Ed Sullivan show.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2534
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home