Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Light Scribe?
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: October 23, 2008 16:21

Do you use it? Or rely on your handwriting like I do to show what´s burnt on your cdr. What other methods do you use?

Re: Light Scribe?
Posted by: skl127 ()
Date: October 23, 2008 20:08

No, not really, you can't use colour (yet), and the underside of the disc is always a purpley blue colour

I print mine on printable white DVDs in lovely colour and use Sprayfix to protect them from moisture smudging afterwards!

Cheers

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: October 23, 2008 21:33

I don't burn anything onto disc - too scared they will deteriorate.

I keep all my stuff on 4 x 1 terrabyte HDs (backed up of course). cool smiley

Date: October 23, 2008 22:24

I'd been using mine to burn labels for about the last 2 years then suddenly it quit burning any images and will only allow me to burn user created text and graphics. After many hours of trying Nero and Lightscribe support were of zero help and told me my burner's probably bad which makes no sense since I can still burn anything but images.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: October 23, 2008 22:35

it's seems intresting .easy way.

Date: October 24, 2008 21:00

winking smileyTo Strettonbull- Do you keep the corresponding artwork in your HD´s? I found it takes up much space quickly. Do you back up on another external HD? You seem to be a main player here. therefore I ask.

Date: October 25, 2008 15:06

Jagger50 - I have 2 x 1 Terrabyte internal hard drives on my main machine - one is for video and the other for audio and misc items. I keep the masters on these internal drives.

For backups I have 2 x 1TB Western Digital Mybook external drives. These also enable me to watch or listen to anything on my TV because I can plug them into my TV's media player via the USB port.

I am running out of space now though so have just bought 2 more 1TB Western Digital external drives from [www.microdirect.co.uk] which were a steal at 70 GBP each.

Please feel free to ask for any more info.

Date: October 25, 2008 19:16

Do you keep artwork, set lists etc? I´m thinking of buying an external HD to back up my over 2,000 cdr collection. I wanted to keep Azureus on my HD. But with all the artwork etc it quickly filled up my pc. RS downloads that is. How do you file your collection on your external drives? Maybe a folder per tour etc. Do you backup DVD`s? Many thanks.

Date: October 25, 2008 20:25

I have a folder for each tour, and a different folder for outtakes, studio versions and demos etc. If you have a look at my site www.rstalk.net, you'll see the structure that I use - each page on there is a different folder.

I use a program called Expprint which prints folders and their contents to HTML files.

The artwork and the setlist file is also in the folder, if I have it.

Date: October 26, 2008 12:02

Thankin´you kindly. I think I just bust a button on my trousers.

Date: October 26, 2008 17:12

strettonbull
I don't burn anything onto disc - too scared they will deteriorate.

I keep all my stuff on 4 x 1 terrabyte HDs (backed up of course). cool smiley

This is true for most discs but,Archival gold discs (handled properly) will outlast hard drives by far.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1714
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home