Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Liver Than You'll Ever Be (rutgers label) white jacket
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 9, 2008 06:27

this is the first bootleg i ever heard or bought, right about the time, maybe even before ya=ya's was released. I just found it again after being away from my vinyl for a long time. The vinyl is in excellent condition. I love these raw performances btw...
Could any of you folks help me with historical background on the 'rutgers' label version?
and how much this might be worth??
Thank you; I'd appreciate some feedback tho I know much of this is old hat for the serious collectors. ty.

Re: Liver Than You'll Ever Be (rutgers label) white jacket
Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 9, 2008 13:22

Don't know about values on vinyl, and I never got round to buying it on vinyl at the time much to my regret.
Bizarrely enough though, I don't even have a decent silver boot of it either ,I do have cdr versions and the other day came across a cdr with Live'r Than You'll Ever Be written on it , so I put it my cd player on the way to work and realised it was something that I had downloaded years ago as 1 complete file no track separation or annoying clicks just amazing music , I had forgotten how good that boot was.
What is the best version available these days as a Silver boot, to make a more permanent addition to my collection .

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: August 9, 2008 13:46

adotulipson
What is the best version available these days as a Silver boot, to make a more permanent addition to my collection .
VGP-024

Posted by: dph ()
Date: August 15, 2008 03:46

Never heard of this LP on the Rutgers label. However, at the time, Liver Than was copied by quite a few entrepreneurs. You probably have some obscure local edition. Did you get it in NJ?

Chances are it's poorly pressed and a CD would sound much better. Original pressing Lurch and TMOQ label LPs sound extremely good but finding one in good shape is real difficult these days.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: October 3, 2008 10:03

yes i did get in NJ, (thanks for asking) so maybe that's how they got these pressed.
the white cover slick came with shrink wrap and pieces of paper floating around inside for a 'album cover) very much like the pix on the site (i can't recall it now) that shows a lot of variations on the release, (and will stream you a live cut also!!)
...and there are many many variations on both coasts, but all of the same performances seemingly....

it was done with quality vinyl and they just put a printed 'rutgers student union' on the actual label on the disc...no other info...

i wrote the setlists by hand on the white cover slick, 'side one etc...'

... and still have this record, and i don't think i'd ever sell it...i'd give it to someone who would really appreciate it if i get it copied...but it's kinda like a holy grail piece to me in a way...
i was a young teenager and into the stones but never heard of, or had possesion of a "Bootleg" until then...a completely new concept to me, and i think for a lot of people this was the first 'boot'...

...(then i blasted off with very similar looking products featuring hendrix live sets....and other boots....)

i just listened to it (liver than....) all day every day for a long while...i mean it's not slick or produced or anything, but it just compelled me to listen again and again...it had a groove that i settled into...just listen through, turn it over, listen through, turn it over, listen through, turn it over...like your best friend or something...ate it like food...
it got me deeep...never left.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 3, 2008 16:50

LIVER was indeed out within a very short time of the concert and well before YA YAs-it forced the Stones and Decca to release their own live album because of its popularity. I read in a couple of books(I dont know if their accurate)that the first actual release to considered a Stones bootleg was a vinyl release of the Hyde Park Concert. Anyone know the particulars? My copy of LIVER(on the aqua blue Lurch label) is in a plain white sleeve with THE STONES stamped in red on the upper left corner and a b/w publicity photo of the Stones backstage on the 69 tour with "GIMME SHELTER" across the bottom of the photo. The label says"The Greatest Group On Earth" and then the tracks. But what makes it special to me is a post Stones MT signature accross the front!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1083
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home