Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: From scottkeef, Rolling Stones-2002-11-30-Las Vegas
Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: September 20, 2008 06:32

Thanks to IORR/Bjørnulf for the infothumbs up

The Rolling Stones
MGM Grand Garden Arena
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Saturday Nov. 30, 2002

Thanks scottkeef for sharing this by US Mailthumbs up

CD1
[rapidshare.com]

The set list:
Street Fighting Man
Start Me Up
If You Can't Rock Me
Don't Stop
You Got Me Rocking
Wild Horses
Dead Flowers
Bitch
Neighbours
Tumbling Dice
--- Introductions

CD2
[rapidshare.com]

Slipping Away
Happy
Sympathy For The Devil
Rocks Off
Honky Tonk Women
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Satisfaction
Mannish Boy (B-stage)
It's Only Rock'n Roll (B-stage)
Brown Sugar (B-stage)
Jumping Jack Flash (encore)

Show start time : 9:45pm
Show end time : 11:55pm

Lifehouse warmed up for the stones tonight, like they did in San Antonio and Nashville. They are a strong guitar based band, and even if they had a few slow songs as well, I though they played too loud, actually louder than the main attraction to follow. They were on at 8:05pm, and played for 50 minutes.

The MGM Grand Garden Arena is a beautiful venue made for playing music. It is probably one of the few places the Stones play on this tour that is not made for sports, theatre, movies or other events. Just music. And even if the crowd is never the same, as they probably don't live in Las Vegas, but come in for the entertainment only, it is a pleasure to enjoy such a special crowd, event, arena and show.

The opening song Street Fighting Man made all the VIP's run with their drinks. The sound was excellent and the band was in a great mood. Mick said this was the final show of this leg of the tour, and I though they deserved a month or so break. Still, my mind was on the soon to be announced tour of the rest of the world - for me that tour is yet to start...

Mick was really turned on for this show. When he ran for some water at the back of the stage, I noticed he was still stepping the beats and dancing for himself, even if he wasn't really in the spotlights anymore. Later on, he walked like a mad dog with his water bottle, then emptied it in my direction, before he threw the entire plastic bottle into the crowd.

I got all my favorites. Then they did the "Sticky Fingers" theme. Wild Horses, Dead Flowers and Bitch were in the dedicated set, all performed in a great way, and the other great Sticky Fingers songs were performed later on as well, of course.

Mick said they had to discuss how the next song would go; then they did a great version of "Neighbours". Indeed this was the night for the pure and raw rock. Then Tumbling Dice. Mick walked all the way to the small stage, and as the spotlights followed him, the crowd went wild. Meanwhile Keith was sitting on knee playing his riffs to the crowd on his left side, and Ronnie strayed behind with Charlie. Tumbling Dice sounded great, and I just thought they were all over, still sounding so great together...

Then Mick introduced the band. Keith walked Charlie all the way up to the front of the stage. Charlie, dressed in his favorite red T-shirt and grey trousers seemed to love it. Why doesn't he come forward more often? Mick commented it was a big surprise to see Charlie come to the front.

Keith did Slipping Away with his guitar in his hand, not resting it on the floor as he use to do, just holding loosely to it with his left hand. This is much less theatrical than leaning it on the floor, more like "Keith".

Happy made the few people who sat down during Slipping Away get on their feet again. Ronnie had some great guitar playing as usual, and I believe Keith said this was his favorite song.

Then Mick was back. It was great all the way. Not a single song I would have traded for another one. Satisfaction kept me standing by my seat, I just had to enjoy it, while I noticed increased security activity for the small stage. I was ready, but I would not miss a split second of Satsifaction. By the final chord I made my way to the small stage.

The security at the Grand Garden was great. It was possible to get to the small stage with no hazzle, still nobody was bothered, as people were nice to each other, keeping the club feel for the small stage set. Mannisn Boy, It's Only Rock'n Roll and Brown Sugar with Bobby Keys on sax for the small stage - perfect for me.

Then they did a final bow at the small stage, and left through the crowd. Following a wait that felt like endless, they came back and did Jumping Jack Flash. This is a song they have done so many times, still, listen carefully, and you will notice how much energy and passion they put into it during every performance. Keith tried to finish off JJF with his killer riff, but Charlie rambled and beat his drums to say this was his finish. Then Keith challenged Charlie, another riff, but Charlie closed JJF, threw his drum sticks into the crowd, and the Rolling Stones tour 2002 was over!

Las Vegas, Dec. 1, 01:10am
IORR/Bjørnulf

Re: POST: From scottkeef, Rolling Stones-2002-11-30-Las Vegas
Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: September 22, 2008 16:32

Thank you very much

Re: POST: From scottkeef, Rolling Stones-2002-11-30-Las Vegas
Posted by: ede ()
Date: September 23, 2008 10:14

Thanks very much

Complete Reference Work Of All Official Publications
since 1962

Fully Illustrated Book On CD-ROM

[i.ebayimg.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home