Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones - Hold On Tight (Dog N Cat DAC-083) review
Posted by: gsparaco ()
Date: August 4, 2008 04:38

Hold On Tight (Dog N Cat DAC-083)

Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - June 27th, 1975

DISC-1:
1. FANFARE FOR THE COMMON MAN 2. HONKY TONK WOMEN 3. ALL DOWN THE LINE 4. IF YOU CAN’T ROCK ME - GET OFF OF MY CLOUD 5. STAR STAR 6. GIMME SHELTER 7. AIN’T TOO PROUD TO BEG 8. YOU GOTTA MOVE 9. YOU CAN’T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT

DISC-2:
1. HAPPY 2. TUMBLING DICE 3. IT’S ONLY ROCK’N ROLL 4. BAND INTRODUCTIONS 5. DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO 6. FINGERPRINT FILE 7. CHERRY OH BABY 8. ANGIE 9. WILD HORSES

DISC-3:
1. THAT’S LIFE 2. OUTA SPACE 3. BROWN SUGAR 4. MIDNIGHT RAMBLER 5. RIP THIS JOINT 6. STREET FIGHTING MAN 7. JUMPING JACK FLASH 8. SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL (ENCORE WITH CARLOS SANTANA ON GUITAR)

The latest Dog N Cat is another reheated leftover rehash release. This time it’s the June 27th, 1975 New York show. This was released in a much superior edition on The Original Hold On Tight several months ago and that is all that you need for this show. The DAC is much duller and, since it is unnecessarily spread over three CD’s higher priced. This is a pointless release that can be safely ignored.

Re: Rolling Stones - Hold On Tight (Dog N Cat DAC-083) review
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: August 4, 2008 12:06

You don't get the full show in correct order on 2 discs.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: August 5, 2008 17:10

midnrambler

I was just looking out for "The Original Hold On Tight"!

What is missing there?

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: August 5, 2008 18:59

Rank Stranger
midnrambler

I was just looking out for "The Original Hold On Tight"!

What is missing there?

The 3 DAC CDs are: 52:47 / 53:32 / 52:00
Total playing time together: 158:19

So you could just put it on 2 CDs with a playing time of 80 min. each. But then you are after the first disc (80 min) right in the middle of Fingerprint File. I don't know how they made it on "The Original Hold On Tight", there are all tracks included according to the artwork and disc 2 begins with Fingerprint File, so maybe something is shortened on disc 2? I don't have it to be able to check it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-05 19:02 by midnrambler.

Date: August 5, 2008 21:31

Thanks midnrambler, maybe gsparaco will look here again and tell us?!

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: August 5, 2008 21:40

I have just downloaded Hold On Tight from Dimeadozen and love it! Sound quality is very good, and disc 2 just rocks! Wonderful DooDooDooDoo and Fingerprint File, but it's the last three what makes it special - Wild Horses, Angie and 6min long CHERRY OH BABY!!!! Love it.

Date: August 6, 2008 22:41

Dear Amused, as much as I can understand your exitement, can you please tell me:

did you notice any cuts, or do you feel that something is missing, or did you overburn the cd-r, is it longer than 80 minutes???

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: August 6, 2008 23:42

I didn't burn it yet, just listened on my computer to FLACs. Didn't notice anything missing winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1327
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home