Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

REQUEST:U2 unreleased songs
Posted by: carreira ()
Date: June 15, 2008 16:52

Can someone post a link to download these unreleased u2 songs above?
.U2 - Mercy
.U2 - North Star
.U2 - Lead Me In The Way I Should Go
.U2 - One Bird
.U2 - Love Is All We Have Left
.U2 - If I Could Live My Life Again
.U2 - No Line On The Horizon
.U2 - For Your Love
Thanks in advance

Re: REQUEST:U2 unreleased songs
Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: June 17, 2008 00:41

They weren't released. They escaped.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 17, 2008 14:29

lol, heiloobaas!

Were did you get those titles from, carreira?

Seems that bootleggers made them up, as i don't recall any of them, except for "Mercy", which is an "How to dismantle..." outtake (and rightly so). Btw, you might be more successful with your request in a u2-forum, but if I can help, I'd be happy to do so.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: June 18, 2008 16:27

From atu2.com

"For Your Love" - a song title seen on the band's white board, as described in an article from the Fez recording sessions.

"One Bird" - a song title seen on the band's white board, as described in this article from the Fez recording sessions: [www.atu2.com]

"No Line On The Horizon" - Bono and Edge played this song for a USA Today writer during an in-the-car interview at the Sundance Film Festival. On hearing it, writer Anthony Breznican says "heavy distortion fills the car," and later adds: "The song is rough, weaving between brutal guitar blasts underscoring the mellow title refrain." Edge explains that the song "It came out of a new distortion box that my guitar tech got."

"If I Could Live My Life Again" - Bono says this song is "inspired by the great Argentinian poet Jorge Luis Borges." Bono said he had just begun the song while speaking with author Michka Assayas in December, 2005. Their interview appears as the extra material in the paperback version of Bono in Conversation with Michka Assayas.

"Love Is All We Have Left" - a song Bono named during his May, 2006, trip to Africa as one that he had recently written. "It’s like an old Broadway tune. I thought it was a Frank Sinatra song," Bono said.

"North Star," a song from the How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb sessions which included a guest organ appearance from Michael W. Smith. In a CCM article, Smith describes the song as a tribute to Johnny Cash.

"Mercy", one of the last songs to get cut from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, described in Blender magazine as "a six-and-a-half-minute outpouring of U2 at its most uninhibitedly U2-ish."

"Lead Me In The Way I Should Go" -- a contender for Atomic Bomb first mentioned in a February 2003 interview with Bono in Grammy Magazine.

"You Can't Give Away Your Heart" - a contender for Atomic Bomb first mentioned in SPIN magazine.

"Mercy" is the only one I've seen floating around on the internet. One might think the other Bomb outtakes might be out there as well. I don't think the newer songs, For Your Love, One Bird, No Line, have leaked out yet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home