Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT John Fogerty Live 1986 - No Creedence Allowed
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 10, 2008 01:45

Here’s Mister Fogerty from 1986. This is when he refused to play any Creedence material because of his legal war with Fantasy Records and its owner at the time. The first two songs of this show sum up Fogerty’s feelings toward the label owner. Listening to “Sanz Can’t Danz” brought back a memory of sitting at a show at the zoo in Miami, Florida (sometime back in the last century before Andrew hit Florida) featuring the zoo elephants, one of whom was trained to dance to the song, “Sanz Can’t Danz”. I guess you had to be there, but it was funny and cool watching this elephant dance to Fogerty’s song. This isn’t the original title of the song which Fogerty was forced to change after being threatened with a lawsuit by the Fantasy label owner for Fogerty’s using the owner’s real name in the song. The then owner of Fantasy took Fogerty to court over the “Old Man Down The Road” song claiming it was based on Creedence material and that Fogerty was guilty of plagiarism. Fogerty’s defense was simple: How could he plagiarize himself. The suit was eventually dismissed, if I remember correctly.

There’s apparently a second part to this show, but the original poster only had this part to put up according to the blog site where I picked this up. No art work came with this. The song titles are below. I wish Fogerty played more of his solo material at shows in place of a preponderance of Creedence songs, but I wish this from all performers I like: More of the unknown and less of the known. I’ve heard the hits too many times to get much out of them anymore, but that’s me.

The show itself is pretty hot with some really great guitar work from Fogerty.

This is a self-extracting zip file so you know what that means. Enjoy!

1. Mister Greed
2. Sanz Can’t Danz
3. Knockin’ On Your Door
4. The Old Man Down The Road
5. Centerfield
6. Wasn’t That A Woman
7. Eye of the Zombie
8. Big Train From Memphis
9. Soda Pop
10. Change In The Weather
11. Rock and Roll Girls

Link

[www.sendspace.com]

Re: OT John Fogerty Live 1986 - No Creedence Allowed
Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: March 10, 2008 03:56

Yes..., those sure are rare live songs, thanks for sharing!thumbs up

Re: OT John Fogerty Live 1986 - No Creedence Allowed
Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: March 10, 2008 05:58

thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1406
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home