Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Which DVD's contain these songs/ and L&G 72
Posted by: EST62 ()
Date: January 12, 2008 23:16

Fool to Cry and Loving Cup. I have seen the Ladies and Gentlemen DVD almost everywhere and I scooped a copy on ebay. Now I'm seeing the 5.1 new and improved definitive edition and I'm wondering is it all that? The copy that I have is not too bad and I wonder how you improve them visually and sound wise to make them that much better if indeed they are.

Re: Which DVD's contain these songs/ and L&G 72
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: January 12, 2008 23:35

I wonder how you can make a 5.1 sound of a 35 year old normal stereo recording. At least the result will not be a real surround sound, does it?

Re: Which DVD's contain these songs/ and L&G 72
Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: January 13, 2008 05:38

you cannot go back into a recording studio and separate the original multitrack audio into separate channels.
but there is software available that can extract ambience information embedded in the stereo audio and redistribute it among 5.1 channels.
recording engineers, audio engineers and enthusiasts have been doing this kind of thing for years now in one way or another.

for some professional stuff, look here

i can tell you: sounds amazing!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-13 05:43 by j.b.goode.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1690
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home