Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

downloading questions
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 7, 2007 10:25

hi there,
i got an ipod a couple of months ago and have been able to download individual songs as well as whole shows but only the individual songs will import into itunes. is there a simple reason for that?

Re: downloading questions
Posted by: Judas72 ()
Date: December 7, 2007 16:25

What kind of files are you trying to import? FLAC, MP3, etc?
Where are you trying to import them from? Your iPod or from your computer?

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 8, 2007 03:02

i've downloaded several things from this site:

some girls sessions
werchter '07
wembley '99 for example.

they're on my desktop but itunes won't let me drag them into the program (so therefore i can't get them on my ipod).

when i look at properties, it says "Type of file - iTunes music player"
whereas when i download individual songs (off of hot stuff) then the type of file is "mp3".

thanks for any insight!!

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: December 8, 2007 06:21

Maybe this will help.

1. Go to the top left of iTunes where it says "files".

2. Highlight and go to "add folder to library", (this means you have to create a folder first).

3 Go to "recently added" on your playlist. the songs should be there in reverse order, (you may want to drag them into correct order).

4. Highlight the songs, then add to a playlist.

5 "Sync" iPod.

Posted by: Judas72 ()
Date: December 9, 2007 19:11

Little Queenie - I'm sorry, I've never come across that before. I would've thought that any file that said "iTunes Music Player" was the actual iTunes player and not an audio file. Are you sure the file extension (e.g. mp3, wma) has not been changed?
Sorry I can't be of more help at this present time but maybe you can give me a web link for one of the files you've downloaded but won't import and then I can see for myself what the file should be.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home