Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

thoughts: I Can't Help It & Shades Of Orange
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 23, 2007 01:02

I came across this little clause about the song "I Can't Help it" the other day
[www.keno.org]

"First recorded in late 1977, then again in early 1985, never released. There are several different versions of this song, the early ones have Mick Jagger singing lead, sounding like Johnny Rotten. Keith Richards, who wrote the song about Anita Pallenberg, hated the way it turned out. It was later re-recorded as a much slower, acoustic guitar song, with Keith on lead vocals and Ronnie Wood on steel slide."

I know 5 versions of this song, 2 of them are instrumentals and the other 3 feature Mick Jagger on vocals. But I've never heard any acostic, slow version with Keith singing. Has anyone have any more information about this? Could it be in Keef's Honeymoon tapes under a different title? Or perhaps from the Voodoo Lounge sessions? Somehow I really doubt that this Keith version does exist but if it does, I would love to hear it.

One more thing....

Anyone know why the track "Shades Of Orange" is so often referred to Brian Jones on some boots. Did he come anywhere near this cut? Wasn't it just produced and co-wrote by Bill Wyman and performed by "The End"?

Am I wrong or...

Few examples:

On the boot "Miscellaneous" it says "Satanic outtake with the incredible Brian Jones impact plus Beatles vocals"

The "Sing This All Together" boot says "Beatles and Stones vocals outtake". Brian not mentioned, but still.

On "Brian Jones Memorial Album" by Seagull Records. "30 leftovers where Brian Jones played his soul". Shades Of Orange is claimed one of them.

These are all I remember for now but I know there were more.

Re: thoughts: I Can't Help It & Shades Of Orange
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: November 23, 2007 09:44

Anyone know why the track "Shades Of Orange" is so often referred to Brian Jones on some boots. Did he come anywhere near this cut? Wasn't it just produced and co-wrote by Bill Wyman and performed by "The End"?

yes is the end produced by bill.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 23, 2007 22:13

Good to know. I have a copy of the boot "Sing This All Together" and the sound quality is so bad that I was sure Jagger was singing it.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: November 23, 2007 22:20

Good to know. I have a copy of the boot "Sing This All Together" and the sound quality is so bad that I was sure Jagger was singing it.

yes that albm is most fake,,

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 24, 2007 13:57

At least SoO got themselves a band named after them.
My old pals from the old smog town of "Synth"svall.

[www.massproduktion.com] See'em

Will surf after audio samples..

On SoO (the song) [www.makingtime.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home