Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sydney 66
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: November 2, 2007 16:25

My Sydney is very shitty quality; this is strange because according to the fonts, thhree shows were registered and broadcasted by the radio during the OZ Tour 66: Sydney, Brisbane and St.Kilda.
Brisbane is not available, maybe one day.. Melbourne St.Kilda is excellent. But the Sydney I have is very bad and cannot be the one aired by the radio. I'm speaking about the Brian Jones is not dead CD.
What about your?

Re: Sydney 66
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: November 2, 2007 17:38

Yup, mines pretty average too. It could be that we in Melbourne do things better than they do in Sydney, altho I suspect they would say the same thing about us.

The Palaise Theatre, St. Kilda, from where the Melbourne show was broadcast, is still standing altho due for demolition & redevelopement. The current building has been around since the 20's & she's a grande ol' dame as theatres go. Saw the Queen @ the ballet there over 20 years ago & more recently, the Cowboy Junkies.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: November 2, 2007 19:24

I'm convinced that Sydney is not the one that was broadcasted. Alto the fact that is not complete: Last time was the intro and is missing.
I think this Sydney was recorded by the audience.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: November 3, 2007 03:38

I figure it's too good to be an audience recording. I never saw the Stones back then tho I had school friends who did & they all said the same thing - you couldn't hear them above the screaming. A recorder in the audience would have had no chance & would have been swamped by the screams around it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home