Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Flac Frontend w. Vista Question
Date: September 13, 2007 00:22

I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista and then downloaded the Munich '73 torrent from Dime.When I try to decode the FLAC files into WAV files,I get the following error message :

Runtime Error '75'
Path/File access error

This never happened to me on my old Windows XP computer.What do I do to fix this problem without uninstalling Vista and installing XP?

Re: Flac Frontend w. Vista Question
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 13, 2007 01:02

A google search comes up with this:

Runtime Error '75'
Path/File access error

Program does not have rights or access to a file.
Often this is caused when a program is trying to access a network file it doesn't have proper access to
either because of network privileges or something is blocking the program.
This issue can also be caused when the file is being used by another program or is read-only.

Date: September 13, 2007 05:06

It looks like the file is read only.Is there a way to change that?

Date: September 13, 2007 07:52

I figured out the solution.It seems that Windows Vista sets folders and their contents as read only.You just have to run the program (in this case Flac Frontend) that you want to use to edit the files within the folder as the administrator.

To make a long story short,right click on the Flac Frontend program shortcut and then select the " run as administrator " option.After that you can decode the Flac files into WAV files.

Date: September 13, 2007 07:55

Thank you for the information,by the way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-13 07:56 by Theif in the Night.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1556
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home