Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sotheby's Reel worth getting ?
Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: August 7, 2007 22:31

Hi Folks, I'm just wondering whether to pick up a copy of this title. I have alt. mixes/different versions of the likes of Brown Sugar, Sister Morphine, Bitch, You Got the Silver, Loving Cup, etc. on Acetates, the old Yellow Dog Black Box and various other titles. Are the versions on the Glyn Johns reel actually different to those long-available outtakes or are they sonic upgrades ? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated !

Re: Sotheby's Reel worth getting ?
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: August 7, 2007 22:39

nothing new on it.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: August 7, 2007 22:51

Thanks Vancouver, that's what I suspected.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: August 7, 2007 23:10

All songs were available before. On Time Trip 1+2, the Black Box, and other CDs. On this release Brown Sugar and Bitch are repeated several times, it's always the same version, played to a certain point, then stopped and then the tape is rewinded (you can hear it!), and played again and so on. That's what's called "The Glyn Johns Work Tapes", but in reality it's nothing else than quite annoying.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home