Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Searching For Two Obscure Live Stones Performances
Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: June 6, 2007 23:49

According to Nico Zentgraf's "Complete Works of the Rolling Stones", the Stones performed a song titled "The Loveliest Night Of The Year" in Seattle on June 4th, 1972.

The Stones also performed some tune called "Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa" in 1975 on 3 seperate occasions (July 12th in LA, July 24th in Chicago and August 8th in Buffalo).

I've never heard of, let alone heard, either of these songs before. Did the Stones write these or are they covers of someone else's work? Would anyone please have a copy of either they'd be willing to download here to satisfy my curiousity? If not, that's fine - - even just some background information on the tracks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much! Cheers!!

Re: Searching For Two Obscure Live Stones Performances
Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: June 7, 2007 00:25

The the Loveliest Night of the Year
Words by Paul Francis Webster, music by Irving Aaronson, 1950
Adapted from Rosa's waltz: "Sobre los olas" ("Over the Waves")
Introduced in the film The Great Caruso (Ann Blyth, reprised by Mario Lanza), 1951
The Seven Hills of Rome (sung by Mario Lanza), 1958

well, you don't hear a falsetto-jagger on this song. like on the lp/cd 'jamming with edward', the pianist is making a bridge while the guitars are being tuned. only last for about 10 seconds (if i remember well)

fa fa fa (the sad song) is by otis redding, a big

influence

Re: Searching For Two Obscure Live Stones Performances
Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: June 7, 2007 16:18

Hey j.b.goode, thanks for all the background information, I really appreciate it!

Cheers!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1484
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home