Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Beach Boys Smile
Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: May 29, 2007 21:41

The Year is 1967. In the music world the beach boys and the beatles are seen as competing to release "the" quintessential album: the beatles with Sgt Peppers, the Beach boys with "Smile". The formers concept revolves initially around the band looking back at the past, while the latter takes its listeners across themes of Americana. Ultimatly, only the Beatles Sgt Pepper's will be released, while the Beach Boys failure to release Smile will begin an effective decline in their career. Here is what I propose Smile may have sounded like it had it been released in 1967, based on the track listing Brian Wilson eventually released in 2004, and other outtakes.

Our Prayer/Gee/Heroes and Villians Intro
[www.sendspace.com]

Heroes and Villians
[www.sendspace.com]

Do You Like Worms?
[www.sendspace.com]

Barnyard
[www.sendspace.com]

Medley: Old Master Painter/You Are my Sunshine
[www.sendspace.com]

He Gives Speeches
[www.sendspace.com]

Cabin Essence
[www.sendspace.com]

Wonderful
[www.sendspace.com]

Look (song for Children)
[www.sendspace.com]

Child is Father to the Man
[www.sendspace.com]

Surf's Up (Brian Vocal)
[www.sendspace.com]

This is all for now, i will post more later (and to those who fans I havent forgotten you, i just finished working on this, and wanted to share it).Please note: these are not the official releases of these songs. WHile the same versions may appear on the beach boys "good vibrations" box set, these versions are either my own editing work, or come from the bootleg source.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-29 22:51 by Happy Jack.

Re: Beach Boys Smile
Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: May 30, 2007 01:18

the rest:

I'm In Great Shape
[www.sendspace.com]

The Woodshop
[www.sendspace.com]

Vega-Tables
[www.sendspace.com]

Holidays
[www.sendspace.com]

Wind Chimes
[www.sendspace.com]

Miss O'Leary's Cow
[www.sendspace.com]

I love to say Da-Da
[www.sendspace.com]

You're Welcome
[www.sendspace.com]

Good Vibrations
[www.sendspace.com]

There it is. Together these tracks average out to be about 46 minutes, meaning that in its day, Smile would have fit on one LP. It is my guess that many of the shorter tracks would have been melded together with their following ones as Wilson did on his version of SMiLE. I hope everyone enjoys!

I have a different version of Heroes and Villians that I compiled from the alternate version found on the Smiley Smile album and a boot performance I like better. It has the "cantina" verse and a bit of accapella at the end. It is more similar to Wilsons version from his Smile, although it lacks the instrumental outro.
Heroes and Villains
[www.sendspace.com]

I was listening to this and realized I posted Look twice, just one mix is clearer than the other. The other song is titled Holiday, but here is the real song, "On a Holiday".
[www.sendspace.com]

This should finally do it! This is the version I am keeping for myself after messing with it for the last couple of days. It parallels Wilsons released version, and features most actual songs (not counting wierd things like George Fell into his French horn?).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-30 17:52 by Happy Jack.

Re: Beach Boys Smile
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: June 2, 2007 02:54

Happy Jack, I sent you an e-mail. "About Smile". Don't delete it, there's some upgraded file links in there. I think you'll like them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home