Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Drift Way Link
Posted by: aryeh ()
Date: March 20, 2007 05:37

Supposedly "lost" studio mix made during IORR/GOATS HEAD SOUP sessions, never released. Anyone know more about this beautifully arranged and mixed studio recording?

[www.gigasize.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-20 08:53 by aryeh.

Re: Drift Way Link
Posted by: KWhinos ()
Date: March 20, 2007 05:40

Can anybody Confirm this?

Posted by: KWhinos ()
Date: March 20, 2007 05:52

Its an awesome download for sure

Date: March 20, 2007 08:40

A "reviewer" for Amazon had this to say:

The sessions for It's Only Rock 'n' Roll ran over a long period of time, starting Nov 13-24, 1973 at Musicland Studios in Munich and running from Jan 14-28, 1974. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (the song) was overdubbed and mixed and Fingerprint file and Luxury were cut at Mick's house (Stargroves) near Newbury from the Rolling Stones Mobile on April 10-15, 1974, and final mixing was done May 20-25 at Island Studios in London. Two songs were recorded that did not appear on the album, Through The Lonely Nights (which was released as the B side of the single It's Only Rock 'n' Roll) and Black Limousine (which was released on the album Tattoo You in 1981). The Stones also recorded two songs that have not been released, Drift Away and Living In The Heart Of Love. The album also included one song (Short And Curlies) from the Goat's Head Soup sessions in Nov and Dec of 1972 in Jamaica.

I googled it and found conflicting info on who plays on the song. Any info would be welcome/

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: March 20, 2007 10:11

Martin Elliot states that Nicky Hopkins is on this one

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: March 20, 2007 12:40

source: Nico Zentgraft Works.

14th - 28th January 1974: Munich, West-Germany, Musicland Studios.
- Drift Away I (Mentor Williams) -Nicky Hopkins on piano, Billy Preston on organ; more primitive take

10th - 15th April 1974: Newbury, England, Stargroves (MJ’s house), Overdubbing and mixing of the album ‘It’s Only Rock’n Roll’.
- Drift Away II (Mentor Williams) -Nicky Hopkins on piano, Billy Preston on organ; more developed but not finished take

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: March 22, 2007 01:52

wich is this posted???

Date: March 22, 2007 13:16

buffalo 81 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wich is this posted???

I don't know, I didn't dl...
First version available on Lonely At The Top.
Second version available on Stattic In The Attic.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 22, 2007 13:54

I think you meant Acetates, Mitch.
Somebody here mentioned a 3rd version Drift Away, I can't say that I've heard that one. Somebody knows where to find it ?

Date: March 22, 2007 14:05

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think you meant Acetates, Mitch.

Yes, of course. Thanks for correcting.

Date: March 24, 2007 01:47

This version sounds pretty polished to my ears. I d/l'ed it from napster-of all places-around 5-6 years ago. Anyone know which version this is, or have a link to "Living In The Heart Of Love"?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1571
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home