Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

DOUBLE-POST: Comparision
Posted by: kream ()
Date: October 16, 2006 14:56

It is very interesting who told to Keith that he can sing?

i think he NEVER should sing. he never should play without rest of The Rolling Stones members.

if you don't believe me, try to listen this first (cd with artwork):

Keith Richards - 1988.12.17 - East Rutherford - Run Richards Run

part 1 - tracks 1 - 7

[rapidshare.de]

part 2 - tracks 8 - 15

[rapidshare.de]

and next try to listen "Professor's" show. full show with artwork

Eric Clapton - 2006.10.09 - Philadelphia - Philadelphia 2006

cd1

[rapidshare.de]

cd2

[rapidshare.de]

if you are still thinking that Keith is a good singer and good guitar player probably you have problems with your earssmiling smiley

have a fun

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-16 14:56 by kream.

Re: DOUBLE-POST: Comparision
Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: October 16, 2006 17:20

Hi kream... yes, Keith is not the best singer, but Eric Clapton is not a good singer too!

I don't understand what are you trying comparing Keith with Eric... If you don't like Keith solo, maybe you do not listen to it!!

Argentino

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-16 17:45 by Argentino.

Posted by: kream ()
Date: October 16, 2006 17:46

I only try to say that Keith has a good ideas, he creates very good music with Mick, but he is NOBODY without Mick. He's created some greats guitar riffs but he is very tiny guitar player. He is not the best singer only because he is very bad singer. And all his solo albums and solo shows are pitiful. I don't understand why somebody can think that he is a good singer and good player. I think one and only his good performance without "The Rolling Stones" was with "Dirty Mac". He's played on bass guitar with Lennon, Clapton and Mitchell. That's the reason i've posted Eric's show. Erick is god. You're not right. He is very good singer and one of the best gitar player all times and all rock history.

Sometimes when I'm listening Keith's solo projects i think that is better for listeners when he is climbing on palm on Fiji rather than plays solo showssmiling smiley

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 16, 2006 18:24

BS, Kream!

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: October 16, 2006 18:34

I also don't think Clapton is a good singer.......but that's just my opinion same as it's your opinion that Keith can't sing. Clapton and Alvin Lee are both fine guitarists in their own right and are better than Keith on a technical level....but Keith doesn't care about being "the fastest guitar in the west"........something I don't understand is why you post messages knocking Keith Richards on a Stones messages board......I do appreciate your posts and respect your opinion but I seriously doubt that you'll get many, if anybody, to agree with you on this board that Keith can't sing or play.....I'm not looking to start an argument, I'm just stating my opinion, same as you stated yours earlier....

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: October 16, 2006 18:39

Kream, I disagree completely.

Whether someone can "sing" is a personal preference, really. If you want to look at technical ability and formal training, NONE of the pop/rock stars can sing. So, for those of us who like things other than opera, someone can "sing" if they impart some emotion to us that we can relate to. As far as vocals go, I prefer Keith to Clapton every time. Clapton never sang anything as beautiful as "You Got the Silver."

But I disagree even more strongly about the guitar. Clapton is a very good (but not particularly original) blues guitarist who has made some contributions to rock guitar (Layla, for instance), but they pale in comparison to the incredibly vibrant, original and influential body of work that Keith has done.

Posted by: rubycatgirl ()
Date: October 16, 2006 18:39

...I love Keith...all I 'hear' is the biggest heart in R&R...LOL

Have a nice day my friend...!

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: October 16, 2006 20:42

Can't agree Mr Kream. Clapton is indeed a R & R icon but Keith is a Rock N Roll God!

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: October 16, 2006 22:18

Thanks for the Keith post though and the many other posts. We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. Hell my personal favorite guitar player is Jerry Garcia so to each his own. Many would debate his singing prowess as well.

Posted by: RollingStoner ()
Date: October 17, 2006 16:42

I saw Eric Clapton on Sunday night in Raleigh. He is a fabulous guitar player. He played some amazing solos and it blew my mind when watching his fingers while he was playing. I also saw the Rolling Stones on four occasions. Kream's comparision of Richards and Clapton is really unfair. You say Clapton much better than Keith, and I completely disagree. Clapton may be a better technical guitar player, but his songwriting definitely lacks when compared to Keith. Also Keith plays with MUCH more spirit and emotion than Clapton does. You don't need to be a perfect technical guitarist to be enjoyable to listen to. You can write great songs and play the hell out of them, and be much more enjoyable to listen to, in my opinion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home