Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wiltern Theater - a long shot...
Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: September 29, 2006 06:12

I was just going on in the Tell Me section about the performance of "Stray Cat Blues" from this show and it got me to remembering what an amazing performance this show was, probably my favorite in many ways from the tour.

Anyway, I am sure this is a longshot, but we all know it was professionally taped/recorded, as evidenced by the "Four Flicks" dvd and the inclusion of a great (albeit overdubbed) version of CYHMK on "Live Licks" from this show. So I am surprised that a soundboard version of this gem never surfaced.

I gotta say, I still get chills when I hear Mick on "That's How Strong.." and "Stray Cat Blues", not to mention the killer renditions of JJFlash, CYHMK and so many more. So noone knows anything of a definitive bootleg of this performance?

Re: Wiltern Theater - a long shot...
Posted by: Marnix ()
Date: September 29, 2006 08:46

There is a complete very good audience recording of the Wiltern gig called ' Wiltern Licks'.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: September 29, 2006 11:45

Yes, it may be the only to get.
They is also some videos (extracts) circulating around.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: September 29, 2006 16:16

Yeah, I have a nice audience 2 disc set. I figured that was all that was out there, but it's always worth asking about. Obviously it was recorded profesionally, so who knows maybe one day...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1375
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home