Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Attention! Faked rare CDs still auctioned on German ebay!
Posted by: beast of burgk ()
Date: September 22, 2006 18:11

Our old friend tikoaaa is still in action selling their home made copies of rare VGP etc. CDs. Copies are so good that most collector's don't even recognize the fraud.

For instance:

[cgi.ebay.de]

It is a gang that uses other ebay acoounts too. So be careful, don't buy worthless trash!

Re: Attention! Faked rare CDs still auctioned on German ebay!
Posted by: TooMuchAlcohol ()
Date: September 22, 2006 20:38

Yes, obviously it isn't VGP, but on the other hand I cannot even see VGP mentioned anywhere.

Date: September 24, 2006 14:33

They don't mention VGP but they make photos of the VGP artwork. Also it is not mentioned in the text that they are actually offering copied bootlegs. I think that's criminal and of course against Ebay laws.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: September 24, 2006 21:54

And if they offered the original bootlegs it would be legal?????

Date: September 24, 2006 23:53

Useless question, idiot.

Posted by: sumi ()
Date: September 25, 2006 01:34

Very sad, I brought "seattle superfonic" as original for about 25 euros if I remember good and got copy sad smiley It is good copy, but copy. Not worth really that money.I ask for refund, but got answer : "just sell on ebay again if you don't like it"smiling smiley

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 25, 2006 09:21

That's why this site is so great! Bootleg the bootleggers!

Posted by: Doolittle ()
Date: September 25, 2006 10:35

This isn't just a problem with the German Ebay.Here in the UK there has been a clamp-down by the BPI (British Phonographic Industry) on boots on Ebay. Occasionally they slip through the net, but the listings are usually removed. So- I go on the US site & it's a MINEFIELD of listings that are fakes/copies. They are sometimes worded to indicate this, saying things like: 'comes with full artwork' etc. So- I guess most people know what they're buying in those instances. BUT- there are many that DON'T say this & use VGP artwork in their listings. If you want originals (as I & many others do)- you have to be VERY careful. Genuine sellers will always say: 'factory pressed silver cd' etc, as they will basically get a better price.
But- AGAIN- you have to be careful. There are many factory printed silver cdrs made in Europe that are listed on Ebay. These, I can live with, as their 'Buy It Now' price gives them away. Labels such as 'BearGarden','Cellar Dweller' & 'Alternative Edge Productions' are all labels that use this 'technology'. Some are actually really nice for the money, but how long they'll last is anyone's guess.However, I've also bought several 'Swinging Pig' titles that have used the same process- ie: silver cdrs with printed on-disc graphics (copied from the originals) & quite convincing inlays- so, I've been stung too!
Sorry for going off on a tangent, but I thought someone might find this info useful.

Oh- one last thing. I find you can ALWAYS trust the Japanese sellers. Don't be put off by zero feedback- this is usually because they've had their Ebay accounts suspended by ebay (because of selling boots) & have just started selling under a different username.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-25 14:44 by Doolittle.

Posted by: sumi ()
Date: September 25, 2006 10:49

Doolittle ,
You must RISK something in your life.On one side you afraid to advertise on ebay, on another side you cry for attacks.You must choose. If you advertise on Ebay, nobody will attack you (except Ebay, maybe) or on IORR where you saw what looks like attacks.You must RISK something in your life and fight for right stuff.

Posted by: Doolittle ()
Date: September 25, 2006 11:08

sumi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Doolittle ,
> You must RISK something in your life.On one side
> you afraid to advertise on ebay, on another side
> you cry for attacks.You must choose. If you
> advertise on Ebay, nobody will attack you (except
> Ebay, maybe) or on IORR where you saw what looks
> like attacks.You must RISK something in your life
> and fight for right stuff.

Hi Sumi. I've deleted my remark & yes, you are right. It was a 'knee-jerk' reaction to say what I said, but this thread does show that there are collectors who like to own factory-pressed, original boots doesn't it?. I have no problem with people collecting cdrs either- it's just down to personal preference. Anyway- let's put all this non-sense behind us now & start again. I appreciate that you were nearly the only person to articulately make your point without resorting to offensive 'name-calling' & I respect that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1462
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home