Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Request Leon Russell
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: September 5, 2006 04:23

Hello all,
Being home, I 've had a chance to catch up on CDs and movies. I've been listening to a lot of Levon Helm/The Band, Dylan and Joni (thanks Cosmoprim, DR,dmay, and others for your kindness).

Now to Leon Russell:

I was watching an old movie called 29th Street (if you need a good laugh at Ital/American culture, it's a great movie) and they had a Leon Russell song called Stranger in a Strange Land in it. Awesome song!

I also saw Concert for Bangledesh and saw Leon in that so now that I've downloaded all I could from Limewire........

Does anyone have any Leon Russell they could share? (no official stuff please)

Did the Stones ever do anything with him?

Re: OT: Request Leon Russell
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 5, 2006 07:47

Leon plays keyboards on the "Let It Bleed" album and is probably on some of the LIB out-takes. I have an old Leon at the Fillmore West show on one of my storage drives. I'll post it in a few days. Leon is also all over many of the pop/rock records of the 60s coming out of Cali. He was, if memory serves me well, part of a studio sessions player group called "The Wrecking Crew". They played the music on many of the records for the Beach Boys, Monkees, Sonny and Cher, and others, along with work for Sinatra, Dean Martin and many others who recorded in L.A. during the 1960s. Glen Campbell was also a session player in L.A. during the same period and played guitar on a lot of albums recorded in L.A.

Re: OT: Request Leon Russell
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: September 5, 2006 14:29

thanks dmay! I'd love to hear the show.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1749
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home