Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Who's Getting these Boots?
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 23, 2006 03:59

There seems to me so many high quality boots from The Stones. What are their originis? Do The Stones themselves quietly release these tapes to "friends?" Are they stolen by studio employees?

Who can fill in the blanks?

Recently in Amsterdam someone was convicted for having over 900 hours of Beatles tapes from Let it Be. He could serve up to ten years in prison.

Re: Who's Getting these Boots?
Posted by: JoeHill ()
Date: August 23, 2006 07:03

I think the stones have always liked or tolerated boots so some extent, but not when people are trying to make a profit. Mick more or less says this in some interviews..."just don't pay a bunch of money for this stuff...its not that good quality - more or less".

Also, there is a tape of Mick buying bootleg stones material in NYC..oh yeah.. send that one to Bill...

The unreleased material and live shows have leaked out very way possible..I'm sure..

Voodoo Lounge Outtaked somehow released to a relative of Woodie or his son possibly?

Records companies getting back at each other..

Drug Dealer Tapes..tapes exchanges for drugs?

Tapes will show up at estate auctions..

Brain Jones house was looted when he passed away..no telling what was swiped..

Everyone has taped shows over the years..

I also would love to hear some of the inside skinny. It is greatly appreciated by the fans that the stones are not too concerned about the sharing of the unreleased material - makes a stronger fan base.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 23, 2006 08:34

Great response...
More inside stories would be great from all you fans out there with personal accounts. I have heard about Mick buying boots...I also know that John Lennon loved collecting Beatles stuff as well.

Posted by: JoeHill ()
Date: August 23, 2006 09:14

Check out this thread from Rock Off...just amazing...bunch of slobs like us chit chatting about same topic and poof someone posts the great SW monitor mixes...never released...about as cool as it gets..

[novogate.com]

make sure to go to page 2

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: August 23, 2006 14:50

I don't think it would be wise to admit to creating, having, recording etc.. unreleased material. Bill Wyman might complain about that too

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 24, 2006 03:28

JoeHill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Check out this thread from Rock Off...just
> amazing...bunch of slobs like us chit chatting
> about same topic and poof someone posts the great
> SW monitor mixes...never released...about as cool
> as it gets..
>
> [novogate.com]
> 230178-1.html
>
> make sure to go to page 2

Gazza should frame that thread - it's interesting from the start, but then....
wham bang - wet dreams come true.

thanx Joe, for poining to that thread.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1712
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home