Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Something for R.E.M. Fans
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: July 14, 2006 00:17

Here's a rare live rendition of Jimmy Webb's "Wichita Lineman", which I believe is from a Sept 1995 show in Houston. (192 kbps Mp3, superb quality

[www.yousendit.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-28 03:42 by bassplayer617.

Re: OT: Something for R.E.M. Fans
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 14, 2006 08:17

Wow! I've always liked this song. Jimmy Webb is one heckuva songwriter and Glen Campbell's version of this song still sounds good. I especially like Campbell's short solo in his version of the song. Makes you remember what a great guitar player he is and how he was an in demand session player in L.A., then a Beach Boy for awhile, before striking out on his own. BTW, if you have more of this R.E.M. show you can post, I'd be most appreciative. They sound really good here. Thanks.

Posted by: JoeHill ()
Date: July 14, 2006 09:41

Hey..that was neat..Thanks!

Posted by: t2 ()
Date: July 27, 2006 07:27

Could I bother you to reload this one??? I'd love to hear it and the link is expired. Big REM fan and have been chasing this one for some time now.

Merci bien.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: July 27, 2006 22:38

thanks

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: July 28, 2006 03:41

By request, link reposted above. Sorry, I don't have more -- I got this when I was a member of Murmurs (an REM fanclub).

Posted by: MidnightLurker ()
Date: July 28, 2006 06:05

Incredible sounding song! Would love to see REM open or do a huge festival with the Stones.

Date: July 28, 2006 06:30

bassplayer617 you're a good man. thanks very very much. surely you have all downloaded the seattle concert that's on this page. wow. i grew up on these guys. powerful band in their prime.

merci bein encore une fois.

Date: July 28, 2006 06:39

ok...i was hoping this was the tune. i've been chasing this one down for 15 years. not sure where i heard them do it the first time. but was hooked immediately. a beautiful song that stipe take to a whole different level. wow.

you've made this a great night for me. thanks again mate.

was this ever officially released???

Posted by: nochsweikolsch ()
Date: July 28, 2006 07:14

t2, thanks so mouch for the rem. keep it coming. any copies of stones koln or landgraf 1999? great shows that i attended and haven't been able to find clean downloads.

If anyone else has these shows I would greatly apprecite if you could post.

Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home